Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodmj
    • Mar 2013

Blocking Countries In ACP

Hi, I'm having a big problem with brute force hack attempts at member passwords on my forum. All the IP addresses seem to be Chinese so gathering an IP block list from another site I put all this info into Member Banning Options in the ACP. I also added them to the DENY section of my Apache config but alas they still seem to get through causing problems. I just wondered if there was something I was missing or maybe something else I could do? It's becoming a real pain.

You have to block the IP range through .htaccess

Try to add the China IP range via this tool:

IP Address Geolocation to Country, City, Region, Latitude, Longitude, ZIP Code, ISP, Domain, Time Zone, Area Code, Mobile Data, Usage Type, Elevation and so on.

Comment

• woodmj
      • Mar 2013

Thanks. I've had about 95% success with this through a combined list of China and Hong Kong. The strange thing is sometimes IPs from Hong Kong still get through. China doesn't but Hong Kong does sometimes for some reason.

Originally posted by TimNL
      You have to block the IP range through .htaccess

Try to add the China IP range via this tool:

http://www.ip2location.com/blockvisitorsbycountry.aspx

Comment

Maybe not 100% up to date. You could add the other IP ranges manually though.

BTW what you could do, note a IP addres that comes through and fill it out at:

geo ip, geo map, geo ip tool, ip tool, ip2location, geo, region, city, map, data, ip, host, code, isp, ips, latitude, hostname, longitude, map, country, address, ip location

GEO Ip will tell you the country it comes from, maybe it is another country you have to block to be sure.
        Last edited by Guest; Thu 12 Feb '15, 2:26am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...