A number appears in Private Message area when a read receipt is requested...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A number appears in Private Message area when a read receipt is requested...

...and it sort of breaks the page layout.

The scenario is the following.
    UserA sends a private message to UserB, requesting a read receipt.
    UserB has the permission to deny the read receipt.

When UserB goes to read the message the read receipt confirmation pops up as shown in the first screenshot.
    The problem is that a number gets in as the first character of the HTML output and breaks the layout of the page (2nd screenshot).

This is noticed in the default vBulletin style without any modifications.

Any clue why?

Sorry for showing a non-English language but I think you can figure it out...

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.png
Views:	174
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	4282484

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.png
Views:	71
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	4282483
    Attached Files
  • kh99
    • Aug 2009

If you are sure that it only shows up in that one situation, and with a default style and no mods, then I would guess that one of the vbulletin php files has been modified and it outputting a number. I do that kind of thing when debugging, so maybe someone was doing that and left it there. What version of vbulletin do you have? I'm looking at 4.2.2pl1 right now so I don't have the latest to see if maybe it's in the distributed files.

If you haven't modified any vbulletin files you could try Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions to see if anything comes up there.

Comment

Originally posted by kh99
      If you are sure that it only shows up in that one situation, and with a default style and no mods, then I would guess that one of the vbulletin php files has been modified and it outputting a number. I do that kind of thing when debugging, so maybe someone was doing that and left it there. What version of vbulletin do you have? I'm looking at 4.2.2pl1 right now so I don't have the latest to see if maybe it's in the distributed files.

If you haven't modified any vbulletin files you could try Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions to see if anything comes up there.
      Thanks for the hint...

There is actually a ticket for this in the tracker (VBIV-15711) that I missed when searching before starting this thread.
      After looking at the PHP code everything made sense.

Thanks once more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...