X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparky
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.x

DB error on restore

I've setup a Windows 2008 R2 server and trying to restore a DB, one I created using mysqldumper (which I've never had an issue with) and it restores without any error. The other backup was created using a cpanel full website backup and using mysql workbench to restore, again no errors

When I attempted to launch the site I receive a Database error, 'The database has encountered a problem' and thats it

I've checked everything is working by creating a fresh vB install and it works fine.

Any pointers please?
  • ozzy47
    • Oct 2009

You need to provide the error from your server error logs, if you don't know where those are, ask your host,
    My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
    Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

This error is generated by the vB PHP file that is not able to read the dbase properly. Did you speficy the correct database and credentials in your config.php file?

And did you use the correct vBulletin version that tries to access the dbase? Versions must match.

Comment

• sparky
        • Dec 2005
        • 4.2.x

It's my own server at home and couldn't see anything in the server logs.

I used the vB files from the backup so it's like for like. As for the credentials I specified the same ones as used when restoring to a new blank DB. It doesn't change these on restore does it?

I created a new DB in phpmyadmin called the same name as noted in config.php, but left the username as root and password blank. ran the restore DB option in mysqldumper (no errors), I then edited the config.php to reflect the new credentials

I guess it would help if the vB error reported in the browser wasn't so ambiguous
        Last edited by sparky; Thu 22 Jan '15, 10:57pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Do you have email enabled on the server? It should send you an email with the complete error if you have an email server enabled and the proper address listed in the technical contact part of the config.php file.

Can you use an external tool like phpMyAdmin or HeidiSQL to connect to the database with the credentials you have? Are all the tables there when comparing them to the fresh install?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sparky
            • Dec 2005
            • 4.2.x

It seemed to somewhat sort itself in the end.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...