Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjh411
    • May 2007
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] Any way to link two forums together?

Hi guys,

We have two business related vbulletin sites - let's call them Site1 & Site2. Each site has multiple forums.

Site2 is essentially a "branch-out" from a single forum on Site1. So they are very much related, there is some "crossover" of topic interest and the content on Site2 is of interest to many people on Site1, however we're not seeing as many people from Site1 registering on Site2 (if only they could share login credentials between the sites!).

I'm wondering how we can connect the two sites together, perhaps display threads from Site2 in a specific forum on Site1?, but not allow any posts in those threads on Site1 - people would need to go to Site2 and register there to participate in the threads.

Any ideas?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

There is no supported way of doing this.

There are 2 modifications that may be of use on vBulletin.org, unfortunately neither is working perfectly.

Cerberus - But this would be more for new forums, you can't merge existing ones - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197

VBNetwrok - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245942 - Allows you to share posts across multiple sites however it will only work on new posts (not existing posts) and it needed some template fixes last I checked.

If you have questions on either you'll need to ask in their threads on vBulletin.org, not here.

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

Might check at vb.org, I know at one time there was a mod that you could sync the users on both forums.
      I think it was actually released by IB. (CERBERUS) linked above
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• kjh411
        • May 2007
        • 3.7.x

Thanks Joe D and Loco.M, I will check these out.

I'd just like to say how refreshing it is to have someone from vBulletin suggest a third party mod to solve a problem. It is much appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...