Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Publish on facebook doesn't work

Hi all,

I am pretty sure this question has been asked so many times and was answered as well and i went through them, but still my problem is not solved. When i create a new thread and at bottom is says "Publish to facebook" Click image for larger version

Name:	fb.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	3725507
    and after clicking it and submitting the thread doesn't show anything/activity on my facebook wall. It's not working for any user. It was working fine and stopped working all of sudden.

Can please anyone help me on this one ?

Thanks in advance

I am also finding the same problem both on my own forum and on this forum (vBulletin.com.)

I got an email from Facebook a few days ago saying they were making changes and I needed to do something in my developer account which I ignored- but it looks to me recent changes may have broke this feature. We (other support staff and myself) are doing some testing to get to the bottom of this. Will post more when we know it.

In the mean time if anyone out there DOES have this feature still working I'd love to get a link to your site so I can see if it works for me.

Thanks.

Comment

OK so we have a working fix for now- it requires downloading an updated Facebook SDK and uploading 3 files to your /includes/facebook/ folder-

Download the facebook SDK from https://github.com/facebook/facebook-php-sdk

Upload the three files from \src to your \includes\facebook directory.

It worked to fix "Publish to Facebook" on my 4.2.0 forum. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Comment

Thank you, was just about to post the same issue.
        www.filmmakerforum.org
        www.digidistribution.com

Comment

Thanks for the information about this, I just updated those 3 files on my site and it fixed it, and it also solves the slow/sluggish issue I was getting when logged into facebook connect.
          Applianceblog.com forums

Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
          Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
          Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
          Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
          Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Comment

Thanks Joe D. for your help on this one. I will try to fix it when i get back home tomorrow Hopefully it will work and will update it here as well

Comment

No problem- one of our Developers, Freddie, suggested the fix- I tested it on my forum and it worked, and all feedback I have received from others is that it fixes the "Publish to Facebook" issue.

Comment

Joe D. Thanks a lot, it is working now I am able to share it just like before Thanks for your help on this one.

Comment

When I uploaded these it caused my site to redirect to github.. Are there edits involved? I just uploaded the 3 source files to the includes/fb directory..i have 4.2.2 though.

Comment

It just working now seems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
                      When I uploaded these it caused my site to redirect to github.. Are there edits involved? I just uploaded the 3 source files to the includes/fb directory..i have 4.2.2 though.
                      They shouldn't have been necessary in 4.2.2. - the files were included by default in 4.2.2 - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15615

Comment