Tag search result list to order by post date?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malmazan
    • Jan 2006
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] Tag search result list to order by post date?

I use tags only for articles. I recently entered a lot of old articles from my old static site.

When I click by tag i get a real mess as older articles appear first and the newer ones sometimes do not even appear in the firs page of results.

It's a real mess.

What can I do? Can I replace with a search.php code?
    Vote for these issues:
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Have you tried changing the "Publish Date" of the recent articles you added to be older than the other articles on your site?

I would NOT recommend editing search.php, but if you want to try you'd need to get help on www.vbulletin.org as we do not support custom coding here.

Comment

• malmazan
      • Jan 2006
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Have you tried changing the "Publish Date" of the recent articles you added to be older than the other articles on your site?
      That's in place, which is why listing by date would fix it. It really makes no sense to order them by how they were entered in the database (specially considering that vB had no CMS for years, hence users will often be creating pre-dated articles), and offer to additional way to sort them. Another half-baked feature from vB.

I would NOT recommend editing search.php
      I was thinking more of changing the tag.php call in templates to search.php with appropriate variables.

as we do not support custom coding here
      Nor do you improve vb4 anymore as if it did not need it.
      Vote for these issues:

Comment

• malmazan
        • Jan 2006
        • 4.2.X

I can't be bothered adding a bug tracker on this as the chances of getting it addressed are next to nil.
        Vote for these issues:

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Just remember that if it isn't in Jira, it won't be changed. So, if you choose to not enter it into Jira, then your chances of getting it address are not "next to nil", but ARE nil.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment