I would like a user to be able to upload a video like Utube...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inspector G
    • Dec 2012
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] I would like a user to be able to upload a video like Utube...

Not the U tube Link imbedded but their own u tube video...

say in the following formats...see mimes below...

.wvx video/x-ms-wvx
    .wm video/x-ms-wm
    .wmx video/x-ms-wmx
    .asf video/x-ms-asf
    .asx video/x-ms-asf
    as well as
    .wax audio/x-ms-wax
    .wmv audio/x-ms-wmv Now this one I see mime is audio but I have a vid that plays on my computer in VLC so I know it is a video...

I can not get the AVI to play online with an avi upload so it plays in a window just like U Tube videos...
    I can get the server to help me out a bit by installing whatever video enhancements I need to upload...
    I also had another question just out of curiosity...

Say you were on Godaddy and they will not upgrade anything to help their site owners, and you wanted to attempt a side step by for instance installing VLC to the server space you are in say even in the HTML Public folder, could that trick the server it to playing the video remotely on your own site and eliminate the need to add something on the server level?

Ok Top help is most important...How can My users add their videos without creating and linking to another web site..U Tube does not do it neither do I want too...

Thanks to anyone who knows this answer...
    Here I go again...
    I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
    www.freedomofspeech.cc
    ... Been around for yrs
  • dizzynation
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.2.X

Are you going to want this ability on all forums?

I am working on something right now for just what your asking, but its still a few weeks out
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com

Comment

• Inspector G
      • Dec 2012
      • 4.0.x

Yes I am...
      Exactly...I am running 4.02 patch 3 right now and I also have VB5
      Thats great I would like you to keep me posted...
      Last edited by Inspector G; Fri 15 Feb '13, 8:44am.
      Here I go again...
      I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
      www.freedomofspeech.cc
      ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• Inspector G
        • Dec 2012
        • 4.0.x

After reading a bit more...figure that right...lol
        It seems there is a lot of issues reported about the AVI formats as well as the MOV formats taking longer than an hour to upload and then hanging or failing...
        However you can easily convert any video using software on your own computer so a simple file I saw that uploads compared to 1 hour verses 7 minutes is the Mp4 format, this is what I would like to have framed out and be able to have a user upload to...

I hope this helps I plan on adding the file conversion tool software to the board so users can format the file in Mpeg4 and then upload to the window if this can be done...
        that way server load stays down and the videos look the same as any other ones...I have verified this...
        Here I go again...
        www.freedomofspeech.cc
        ... Been around for yrs

Comment