• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lpspider
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] usergroup/forum permissions issue

Hi,

I created a new forum. I "denied" permissions for all usergroups but this new usergroup in the forum permissions (individually went thread and "denied all" for all usergroups except this new group 1 and admins).

Out of the 4 members I've given access as secondary members of new group 1, 1 can access it, the other 3 can't see the forum at all. They're listed as "secondary" group members, this secondary group can see the forum, but their primary group can't.

I've checked all permissions I can think of but they still can't access this forum.

Any ideas? What am I overlooking? Can the permissions of their primary usergroup somehow be interfering? The members who can't access it are in the same parent usergroup, the members who can access it are in a different parent. This should obviously be easy but I'm stumped here.
    Last edited by Lpspider; Thu 24 Jan '13, 5:44pm.
    Check out my creative writing forum.
  • John Lester
    • Jul 2000
    • 4.1.x

Have you edited the permissions via the forum manager?

ACP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> select forum then go through and edit each user group to allow or deny access.

Check the primary user groups of the users that have access to the other user group and make sure the option to have secondary user groups is checked.

ACP -> User groups -> user group manager -> edit the users primary user group and scroll down to user group options.
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic

Comment

• Lpspider
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.6.x

Hi John,

Permissions via the forum manager is how I set them, so that wasn't the issue.

I did check the usergroup and it seems that the second option of having secondary usergroups wasn't selected. I'll have to get confirmation from a member but that is probably it.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

This was indeed the issue. Thank you so much. I was getting very frustrated for a minute there.
      Check out my creative writing forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...