• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diades
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] The events table

Hi,

In the events table is a field called 'customfields'. As far as I can see (which is not that far ) it is not used as such, would it interefere if I made use of that for a product that I am creating for my forums? I am, of course, presuming that it is hooked up to the 'userfield' table?

Thanks for any advice.
    Later
    Keith

Webxpertz Community for Webmasters & Developers
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You should never use a default table or field for a custom product. There is no way to know what it may be used for- or if it is really unused it may be deleted in a future upgrade.

It is easy enough to make your own custom field or table when creating a mod- don't depend on others.

Comment

• diades
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.5.x

Hi Joe,

Thans for your reply!

I actually have no intention of using the field for something that it is nor designed for, I am asking if it is designed to get values from the 'userfield' table, in which case I would see if I can make use of a value that might be able to be gleaned from it. If it is not linked in any way to that table then no worries, it is just an avenue that I am exploring.
      Later
      Keith

Webxpertz Community for Webmasters & Developers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...