X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chaz7979
    • May 2007
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
    Quick check in our Tracker shows that it's correct we don't treat the iPad as a mobile device:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11088
    Great, so, I say again.... where can I find the official list of supported devices? The list I have been given is clearly incorrect since it included the iPad.
    Chuck
    SiriusBuzz.com

Comment

• chaz7979
      • May 2007
      • 4.2.X

Bump. I contacted support and because I no longer qualify for ticket support, they suggested I post this question in the forum... great idea!
      Chuck
      SiriusBuzz.com

Comment

• malmazan
        • Jan 2006
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by chaz7979
        Bump. I contacted support and because I no longer qualify for ticket support, they suggested I post this question in the forum... great idea!
        You'd think this is a fairly significant issue for support to add light to. With support this poor I'm wondering how they intend to sell vb5.
        Vote for these issues:

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

There is no list of devices because it isn't determined by device. It is determined by OS or platform. The iPad would be an exception, not the norm. The mobile style is based on jQuery Mobile and should support the platforms it does. You can see a list here: http://jquerymobile.com/gbs/
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

In my experience with mobile devices it also depends on if the browser on the mobile device is set to "Desktop" or "Mobile" mode. The entire point of Desktop mode is to be treated like a regular desktop browser.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...