X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deverill
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] I've been hacked

By dark-knight... He's deleted all the files out of my publich-html... Lots of custom jobs too.

And no I don't have a backup as I thought steves automatic back up mod was doing the job, obviously not as the last back up is in 2011. My fault I know..

But still screwed as in what to do. These idiots do my head in, twice ive been hacked on vbulletin!¬!!!
  • LockedOnLaw
    • Apr 2010
    • 6.X

The first thing to do is to check with your hosting and see if they maintain a backup for any length of time. Many hosts have redundant servers.

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Deverill
      By dark-knight... He's deleted all the files out of my publich-html... Lots of custom jobs too.

And no I don't have a backup as I thought steves automatic back up mod was doing the job, obviously not as the last back up is in 2011. My fault I know..

But still screwed as in what to do. These idiots do my head in, twice ive been hacked on vbulletin!¬!!!
      What about the db, did it remain intact?

About the custom work you had, if you have no backups of them then I am afraid that they are lost.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

If you have no back up then there isn't anything you can do.
        Ask your host if they have a back up, and also get them to check the server logs to see if they can discover how they got in.

if they DO have a back up and can reinstate it for you, change all passwords immediately....including admin cp, ftp, database....everything!
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• borbole
          • Feb 2010

What version of vb do you have btw?

Comment

• Project-Buckfast
            • Jul 2006

I've been hacked

Try reupload all the default vbulletin files. Also disable all hooks via the config file. There's a chance your database may still be intact.

If you do the above and your database is working then back it up! At least you have a starting point this way.
            UniteTheCows - File Sharing & Digital Media Resource

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...