X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Ad not displaying in custom style

I have an ad placed in the "Header 2" location of my 4.2.2PL4 forum. The ad displays as it should in one custom style, but does not display in a second custom style that I just created. Can someone point me in the right direction to allow the ad to display in all styles?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Kirkus; Sun 11 Jan '15, 4:26pm. Reason: I changed the version of vB I'm running.
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

I've compared the header, headinclude, and headinclude_bottom templates between the different styles and there's no difference whatsoever.

No one can even hint at a clue of where I might look to fix this?
    Last edited by Kirkus; Sun 11 Jan '15, 4:25pm.

Comment

• Kirkus
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I found the problem. I'll post it here in case someone else needs the info in the future.

When I created the latest style, for some reason the code in the template "ad_global_header2" was written from old code that I'd used in the past but was no longer valid. The code in that template wasn't being picked up through the Advertising > Manage Ads area of the Admin CP. I replaced the ad code in that specific template, Edit Templates > Ad Location Templates, with the current (valid) ad code there.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The ad system customizes the master style. Any custom template overrides the master style. You either need to revert the template to have it pickup changes from the master style, or continue to manually update it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...