• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FourTwenty
    • Aug 2005
    • 4.1.x

Forum Runner Issue

Forum Runner 4.2.2

Just upgraded from VB 4.2.2 PL2 to PL3 and now Forum Runner is not loading Current Threads.

It gives the following error.

Parse Error: The remote server sent a unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software software plugin being outdated. Tap the "Report" button below to send this report to support for analysis.

Any idea what's going on?

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.
  • FourTwenty
    • Aug 2005
    • 4.1.x

Anyone?

Comment

• FourTwenty
      • Aug 2005
      • 4.1.x

This is a really big issue for our staff, who use this feature daily to check the forums.

Can we please get some support from VBulletin?

Is there an upgrade for the plugin from 4.2.2 to 4.2.2 PL3 or something?

Do we deal with VBulletin or Forum Runner?

What are we missing?

Thank you.

Comment

• Kirauni
        • Nov 2007

I'm glad I'm not the only person out there having this problem.
        It's the same here after I've patched 4.2.2 PL3 to PL4. I don't really know what caused this. No forumrunner files have been changed and it worked fine before applying the patch. I run two sites with vB. One German and one in English. When patching the German board, all went well. But when I patched the English vBulletin I got the Forumrunner issue.

However, I've found this:

It seems to be a well-known issue. When I applied the suggested change to forumrunner/search.php it works fine. However, I'm still not able to edit a post with forumrunner because I'm getting the same error ("Parse Error. The remote server sent....").

I'd also be glad for some help here, because I use forumrunner daily as well.

Edit: Okay.. now since I got a working Forumrunner installation on vB 4.2.2 PL4 (the German version) and a not-working forumrunner 4.2.2 PL4 (English version) I compared a few things. And as luck would have it, I noticed that I had turned off certain php-related warnings in my config.php at the German board.
        I don't want to go into details here, but at the German v-bulletin site someone had suggested to turn off certain php warnings that could be displayed while running vb 4.2.2.

I turned of the display of all PHP-Warnings in my config.php right at the beginning of the file while typing the following code right under <?php
        PHP Code:
        //Turn off the display of all PHP error messages and warnings 
        define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 
        So I thought maybe it had something to do with this. And so I added the line to my English config.php as well. I also changed the forumrunner/includes/search.php back to the original file. And what should I say? Forumrunner works again. The last threads-button works as well as editing my postings.

Maybe you good reasons for displaying these PHP warnings and not turning them off in your config.php. But for me this did the trick and I thought I let you know. Hope that helps until somebody from forumrunner or vB-staff can give us a better advice.
        Last edited by Kirauni; Sun 11 Jan '15, 4:08am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...