• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niktator
    • Sep 2009
    • 5.5.x

[Forum] Group owner can`t edit?

Hi,

I could not find any setting, where I can allow the owner/founder of a group to edit postings/messages. Only moderators and admins have the right to edit.
    Where to change that? Usergroup rights do not have such a flag, group settings got no flag like that too.

thanks in advance, Nik
    Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

Goto : AdminCP->Usergroups->Usergroup Manager
    Select usergroup and click go

Scroll very bottom to Groups Permissions and Set your permissions

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• Niktator
      • Sep 2009
      • 5.5.x

Well maybe it`s some translation issue, but there is no "can edit xy" or such. Its all about deleting, creating whatever, but no edit.

greets, Nik
      Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".

Comment

• AliMadkour
        • Dec 2004
        • 6.X

You can enable vBulletin default English language and edit permissions then disable it again,
        Manage permissions are Can Manage Own Groups,Can Manage Own Messages and Can Manage Own Discussions

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You may set it so that the group owner can moderate all the posts, but you may not allow the group owner to edit the posts unless they are a moderator and you give them moderator permissions.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Niktator
            • Sep 2009
            • 5.5.x

Can Manage Own Groups - yes
            Can Manage Own Messages - yes
            Can Manage Own Discussions - yes

all 3 are the in the german translation. all 3 are set to yes - but the founder/owner of a group cant edit postings of other users. that was/is the problem...
            don`t want to give moderator or even administrator flags to group owners...

greets, Nik

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

If you don't give them Moderator permissions, then they won't have access to edit. After giving them Moderator rights, go to:

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators

...and click the [Edit Permissions] link next to their name and remove all non-Group moderation rights.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Niktator
                • Sep 2009
                • 5.5.x

Sorry, this does not sound like a solution in bigger communitys. I think this should be possible in the group rights (as you said/suggested).

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Feel free to make a suggestion for an Improvement Request here:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...