X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albanygirl
    • Oct 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Database error Invalid SQL with CMS

I started methodically going through the manuel tonight, getting familiar with the admin area and the various settings. When I went to the Forum & Moderators area and then clicked on Forum Manager, I deleted the CMS forum that was on top because I was thinking that I didn't want to have any of the CMS or Blog stuff on my forum. Well, now I'm getting this error:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT MAX(permissions & 1) AS perm
    FROM cheratincms_permissions
    WHERE nodeid = 1 AND usergroupid IN (6);

MySQL Error : Table 'cheratin_vbulletin.cheratincms_permissions' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Request Date : Friday, December 28th 2012 @ 10:02:10 AM
    Error Date : Friday, December 28th 2012 @ 10:02:10 AM
    Script : http://coaching.the-fertility-acupun....com/forum.php
    Referrer : http://coaching.the-fertility-acupun...m/calendar.php
    IP Address : 219.92.122.50
    Username : holoholomango
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.5.29-log

I hope that this error code helps you.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with this deletion. However, the other major changes that I made was add some additional links to the Settings---Navigation Manager. I played around with the CMS and Blog tabs and was going to use them for my Webinar and Consultation tabs, but decided to make new tabs, instead. Please help. Thanks!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If you look at your database, do you see the table cheratincms_permissions ? Do you have the CMS disabled or enabled on your site?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• albanygirl
      • Oct 2012
      • 4.2.X

Yes, the table is missing. I deleted it. Should I enable or disable the CMS and where should I do this? I just did a restore with my host and nothing changed. I would have thought that would bring the deleted table back.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You did a restore with your host and the table didn't return? How recent was this restore and can you get an older restore?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• albanygirl
          • Oct 2012
          • 4.2.X

I did a restore that was a full 12 hours earlier than when I made the change. If I take an even earlier restore, the template that I had uploaded will be lost. What are my options at this point? This is ridiculous that something so simple as deleting a table completely locks me out of my forum. And, I can't even get into the admin area now. Or, is there a way to get into the Admin Area without going through my forum?

I'm not even sure why there was a CMS table on my Forum Management page. I was just starting to write descriptions for my new forums and thought why is that CMS table there? So, I deleted it and a few minutes later when I checked the look of my forum, I was locked out.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• albanygirl
              • Oct 2012
              • 4.2.X

I'm a new customer at VB and am feeling very overwhelmed by the whole process. How long do I have customer support? Thanks Trevor. Can I check with you. Is the phpMyAdmin my host sign in? I don't know what the FHP sign in is. What is this exactly? I know that it's what we use to upload to our websites, but I haven't had to use that yet. My host is Bluehost. I hired someone to upload my forum and my new template, so I haven't been doing everything myself. I just want to make sure that I do this ticket right. Thanks!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Just login on the link above and submit the details on the form.
                Vote for:

Comment

• albanygirl
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 4.2.X

Ok, don't answer my specific questions about filling out the ticket. I'll just do my best.

On another issue, I've gone into Bluehost and found the file cheratincms_permissions restored it. I chose the one from Dec 24th, which is a week before I did anything to the table. Shouldn't this fix it?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

If you weren't entitled to ticket support, I wouldn't have asked you to open one. Technically, the vB5 license will only give you 30 days ticket support after the product is declared Gold however as you're running vB4 Publishing Suite instead of vB5, we're able to provide support ongoing at this time.

Restoring that table won't necessarily fix things - I'm looking at your ticket now.
                    Vote for:

Comment

• borbole
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by albanygirl
                      Ok, don't answer my specific questions about filling out the ticket. I'll just do my best.

On another issue, I've gone into Bluehost and found the file cheratincms_permissions restored it. I chose the one from Dec 24th, which is a week before I did anything to the table. Shouldn't this fix it?
                      If that table was missing only then all you can do is restore that table only imho and not do a full restore of everything.

Comment

• albanygirl
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 4.2.X

Thanks borbole. That's what I did when I went in to my host on my own, but that didn't help anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Trevor,
                        I just want to write thank you here for deleting my CMS and Blog from my Product Manager and getting my forum up and running again. I really appreciate you figuring out that solution and getting rid of the things that I'm not going to use anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...