Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vishalsachar
    • Jun 2004

[Forum] Forums not updating read threads

Hi there, the unread posts icon on the main forum page is showing that there are unread posts when all posts have been read. If you go into the sub-forum itself, the threads are no longer in bold, meaning they appear read. But the icon on the main page shows unread posts.

I have the forum set to mark unread threads immediately.

What can I do to fix this? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Several members have reported this now. I don't care if it takes up more resources, but what is the best way to ensure the forum/threads/posts are marked as read instantly and all the "forum-new" icon is changed back to "forum-old"?
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Check your thread views cron job in AdminCP > Scheduled Task > Scheduled Task Manager > Thread Views

Thread Views
    This script updates thread views once per hour. This option is suggested for forums with large numbers of threads or users.
    You can try adjusting the setting so it runs more frequently.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Vishalsachar
      • Jun 2004

Thanks, I notice the days and hours have an asterisk *. Mine was set at 56 for minute. If I put an * will it be instantly? Or is it better to us the dropdowns to put 9,19,29,39,49,59 so it runs every 10 minutes? It's quite frustrating not to have it update automatically

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Change it to Database (automatic forum marking).
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Vishalsachar
          • Jun 2004

Thank you! That did the trick!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...