• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loffy
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] To upgrade I need to pay $200?

Hi!
    I have vBulletin 4.1. If I want version 5, I need to pay $200?
    Sincerely
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

You would have to pay $209 when you ugrade/renew your license, yes. If you want to buy a new license you will have to pay $249.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Loffy
      • Mar 2012
      • 4.1.x

OK, thanks.

Comment

• Loffy
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.1.x

hi again, excuse a silly question but will my 4.x forum stop working if I do not upgrade to 5.x?

My forum is: howtowritecitations.com [slash] forum, and I cannot see it anymore. I thought it might have something to do with the update. Or maybe I am hacked?

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Loffy
          hi again, excuse a silly question but will my 4.x forum stop working if I do not upgrade to 5.x?
          No,it will not stop.

My forum is: howtowritecitations.com [slash] forum, and I cannot see it anymore. I thought it might have something to do with the update. Or maybe I am hacked?
          It does not exist.

Edit:
          It might be hacked then removed by your host.
          Last edited by beishe8; Tue 1 Jan '13, 10:50pm.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Loffy
            • Mar 2012
            • 4.1.x

Thanks for your reply. Appreciated it very much.

Originally posted by beishe8
            might be hacked then removed by your host
            *gulp* O_O I need to talk to my web hotel right away. Can they really remove stuff without informing me? (Rethorical question.) Yes, I guess they can. To protect their own systems and business.

I need to find a website/forum where vBulleting freelancers hang out, so I can commission someone to get my forum working again. And upgrate to 5.x.

When I use an ftp client to go to my web hotel to check all folders and files, my folder "forum" is still there, with all its vBulletin subfolders and files. It's like nothing is removed. Perplexing, for a newbie like myself.

Comment

• wave-rice
              • Feb 2011
              • 5.5.x

Hello,

Are you certain all of vBulletin's files and folders are still intact? You may want to re-upload these files and folders from a stock package downloaded from your Members Area just to make sure. It would seem some files are missing.

We do not recommend you upgrade your forum to vBulletin 5 as it is still in it's beta stages and under extensive development. However, you may be able to commission a knowledgeable person to perform an upgrade for you over at vBulletin.org. If you do this, I recommend you look in to the person you are commissioning to check whether or not they are the person for you.

Feel free to ask any further questions.
              Aakif Nazir

Comment

• Hall of Famer
                • Apr 2009
                • 3.8.x

Id recommend you just to buy a new license, theres really little point to upgrade when its just a little bit cheaper than getting another license. You may use your current VB4 license for other purposes, probably build another forum with VB3.8. Its still the king among forum softwares.

Comment

• Hartmut
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Loffy
                  I can see it without problems.
                  No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• beishe8
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
                    I can see it without problems.
                    It's there now.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Loffy
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 4.1.x

hi all!

Yes, it's back. (I hired a guy who helped me.)
                      Thank you all for your support

Originally posted by Hall of Famer
                      Id recommend you just to buy a new license, theres really little point to upgrade when its just a little bit cheaper than getting another license. You may use your current VB4 license for other purposes, probably build another forum...
                      Never thought about it that way. You're right. There's always a need for a forum (especially if you have multiple, social sites). And it is a small difference in price between upgrading (and just having one forum) and buying a new license. Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind as I expand my Internet kingdom.
                      Last edited by Loffy; Thu 3 Jan '13, 10:14am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...