Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mythotical
    • May 2004

[CMS] vBulletin API Uses

I understand the API is used in conjunction with the vBulletin Mobile Suite, can I use the API to build my own custom forum app for my iPhone?
  • AliMadkour
    • Dec 2004
    • 6.X

yeah, vBulletin API Documentation here

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• Mythotical
      • May 2004

Well damn, thank you, didn't even think to look for documentation.

Comment

• Mythotical
        • May 2004

Ok back to this issue, after much searching and reading, I'm back to square one. I still have no idea how to make this connect to the vB api. Do I need to use NSObject and define parameters then in another instance have the parameters assigned and checked?

If there was a place to discuss this with other people or even descent tutorials put out by vBulletin for using their built in API would be even better.

Comment

• Enter7ainer
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Mythotical
          Ok back to this issue, after much searching and reading, I'm back to square one. I still have no idea how to make this connect to the vB api. Do I need to use NSObject and define parameters then in another instance have the parameters assigned and checked?

If there was a place to discuss this with other people or even descent tutorials put out by vBulletin for using their built in API would be even better.
          Agreed. I'm having difficulties just accessing this website depending on the time of day!
          I am equally looking to dev my own client to use the api, but unfortunately the documentation page won't even bloody load...

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Enter7ainer

Agreed. I'm having difficulties just accessing this website depending on the time of day!
            I am equally looking to dev my own client to use the api, but unfortunately the documentation page won't even bloody load...
            Accessing a website has nothing whatsoever to do with accessing an API. Besides which the post you replied in over seven years old.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Enter7ainer
              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Mark.B

Accessing a website has nothing whatsoever to do with accessing an API. Besides which the post you replied in over seven years old.
              Of course, you are correct in identifying that accessing a website is not the same as accessing an API. Well done.
              However, your website that denotes how to use the API, doesn't load, so how does one follow the documentation to use the API?

This post being over seven years old only makes this matter more laughable, considering that someone has already asked for more clarity in using said API and yet no one has responded in the time that more support was asked for by someone who purchased your product. Tsk tsk... Thanks vBulletin support dude!

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Enter7ainer

Of course, you are correct in identifying that accessing a website is not the same as accessing an API. Well done.
                However, your website that denotes how to use the API, doesn't load, so how does one follow the documentation to use the API?

This post being over seven years old only makes this matter more laughable, considering that someone has already asked for more clarity in using said API and yet no one has responded in the time that more support was asked for by someone who purchased your product. Tsk tsk... Thanks vBulletin support dude!
                Insulting support staff isn't ikely to get you anywhere. Help us to help you. We won't enage with insults and sarcasm.

You're complaining that a website linked to in a post from 7 years ago doesn't work. This is one of the primary reasons we ask people to start new support topics instead of bumping very old ones. Old information is often no longer relevant or even correct. Calling us out because a seven year old link doesn't work is really a bit over the top. Are we supposed to go back through hundreds of thousands of posts and check all the links are correct?

Here is the current API documentation:
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile

There is no new documentation for vBulletin 4 as it has been end of life for a number of years now.

Note also that the API documentation doesn't tell you "how to use the API" as such - we can't teach how to program or write code. It provides documentation on the API for those who know about APIs and how they work.
                Last edited by Mark.B; Tue 28 Apr '20, 11:23pm.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Enter7ainer
                  • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Mark.B

Insulting support staff isn't ikely to get you anywhere. Help us to help you. We won't enage with insults and sarcasm.

You're complaining that a website linked to in a post from 7 years ago doesn't work. This is one of the primary reasons we ask people to start new support topics instead of bumping very old ones. Old information is often no longer relevant or even correct. Calling us out because a seven year old link doesn't work is really a bit over the top. Are we supposed to go back through hundreds of thousands of posts and check all the links are correct?

Here is the current API documentation:
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile

There is no new documentation for vBulletin 4 as it has been end of life for a number of years now.

Note also that the API documentation doesn't tell you "how to use the API" as such - we can't teach how to program or write code. It provides documentation on the API for those who know about APIs and how they work.
                  That's great! I can now access the documentation to utilise the API. Thanks very much, Mark.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...