Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Omicron99
    • Jun 2005

[Forum] Moderation Notification too fast

When a post is sent to moderation, the message disappears too fast. I get about 2-3 emails each day from members asking what happened to their post and why it isn't appearing.

It seems the notification only displayed for 2-3 seconds and people can't read the whole message fast enough.

How can I change the timer on this?
  • KurtinSA
    • Aug 2014
    • 4.2.x

When someone reports a post on our forum, a separate box appears so that the person reporting the post can type their comments. Once it is submitted, that goes to the Moderator forum for all to see...each of the Moderators is notified of a reported post. The original post that is offensive, needs action, etc., is still shown in the forum. You're saying that your system works differently?

Kurt

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

I am guessing it is the STANDARD_REDIRECT template that is used. If so, try changing this code:
      HTML Code:
      var timeout = 20;
      To something bigger, like 50, and see if that helps.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dougdirac
        • Jul 2012
        • 4.2.X

I don't believe the OP is talking about the report post feature. He's talking about when a post needs to be approved by a moderator before it appears in a thread.

This is a major problem. I get members that assume their posts were deleted instead of simply waiting for approval. Or new members that will post the same thing many times trying to get it to show up. The way it should work is for moderated posts to be visible by the user with a simple message saying it's awaiting moderation.

Comment