Can I stop certain domains registering?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnmann
    • Nov 2010

[Forum] Can I stop certain domains registering?

Recently getting a lot of spam registration on my forum. The vast majority have a .vn domain (Vietnam?) and I wondered if it's possible to stop this particular domain from registering?
  • steve340
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.1.x

Yes, under options it has banned email, and banned ip address sections. If you simply put .vn no one from Viet nam will be able to register I banned the entire Phillipine islands it got so bad. LOL I used the new question/answer to fight spam, make people look up something in relation to what your sites about. Most spammers wont go through the trouble for a penny a post

Comment

• jnmann
      • Nov 2010

Brilliant, I've done that....now let's see how it goes!

Many thanks :-)

Comment

• jnmann
        • Nov 2010

OK.....I put .vn in the exclusion box and still got registrations :-( Changed it so that anything with .vn was banned but still getting registrations!

Comment

• jnmann
          • Nov 2010

Still getting these :-( Any ideas anyone? I guess I'm just not doing it correctly!

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

You were adding

@vn

under AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Banning Options and also activated Aggressive Email Banning?
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• jnmann
              • Nov 2010

No, I was just putting .vn I'll try again with @vn, many thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...