Attachments in groups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    A quick test on this site would seem to suggest yes.

Leave a comment:

• Duke49th
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M
    Why do you think anything would have changed on vB4 ?
    Is this a "feature" that made it into vB5?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Why do you think anything would have changed on vB4 ?

Leave a comment:

• Duke49th
    replied
    And 4 years later - still nothing

We started with groups too and it its neccessary for us to upload attachments. Without that featuer its almost useless.

Blogs -> no attachments
    Groups -> no attachments

How the heck we can seperate projects from the forum if those features are so limited...

Leave a comment:

• Niktator
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B
    The feature was just never written into the groups portion of the software.

I completely agree with you that it'd be nice, there is actually a Tracker entry for it somewhere but I would have to say it's unlikely to make it into vB4.
    Very strange. Not making it into vb4? That`s worse since I won`t buy that strange vb5 thingie. I`m vb customer for ages - but after the vb4 desaster (gettin all dev`s to vb5 before !finishing! vb4; OR beeing even close to high quallity software..) - I won`t pay a cent for vb5. At first I dislike the new idea of vb5 (i bought a message board solution. not a facebook like something.), 2nd I think ib needs to eat dirt to take customers serious again.
    maybe i`ll buy vb6, we`ll see.
    but honestly: THIS example about attachments in groups shows exactly that selling new licenses seems to be the main goal. i really miss the good old vb3 times ;(

greets, Nik

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    The feature was just never written into the groups portion of the software.

I completely agree with you that it'd be nice, there is actually a Tracker entry for it somewhere but I would have to say it's unlikely to make it into vB4.

Leave a comment:

• Niktator
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne
    but you may not attach attachments into messages in the group.
    Why? I really want to

greets, Nik

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You may upload pictures to the group, but you may not attach attachments into messages in the group. You may use the [ img ] tags (assuming the admin allows them in the groups).

Leave a comment:

• Niktator
    started a topic [Forum] Attachments in groups?

Attachments in groups?

Hi,

I wonder why I did not found anything on the web. We`re getting started with groups these days - and we were very suprised, that one can`t upload attachments within the groups?
    Actually I don`t see any reason, why attachments aren`t implemented into the groups. Could anyone please be so kind and tell me what I`m missing?

greets, Nik
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...