• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niktator
    • Sep 2009
    • 5.5.x

[Forum] Attachments in groups?

Hi,

I wonder why I did not found anything on the web. We`re getting started with groups these days - and we were very suprised, that one can`t upload attachments within the groups?
    Actually I don`t see any reason, why attachments aren`t implemented into the groups. Could anyone please be so kind and tell me what I`m missing?

greets, Nik
    Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You may upload pictures to the group, but you may not attach attachments into messages in the group. You may use the [ img ] tags (assuming the admin allows them in the groups).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Niktator
      • Sep 2009
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      but you may not attach attachments into messages in the group.
      Why? I really want to

greets, Nik
      Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

The feature was just never written into the groups portion of the software.

I completely agree with you that it'd be nice, there is actually a Tracker entry for it somewhere but I would have to say it's unlikely to make it into vB4.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Niktator
          • Sep 2009
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          The feature was just never written into the groups portion of the software.

I completely agree with you that it'd be nice, there is actually a Tracker entry for it somewhere but I would have to say it's unlikely to make it into vB4.
          Very strange. Not making it into vb4? That`s worse since I won`t buy that strange vb5 thingie. I`m vb customer for ages - but after the vb4 desaster (gettin all dev`s to vb5 before !finishing! vb4; OR beeing even close to high quallity software..) - I won`t pay a cent for vb5. At first I dislike the new idea of vb5 (i bought a message board solution. not a facebook like something.), 2nd I think ib needs to eat dirt to take customers serious again.
          maybe i`ll buy vb6, we`ll see.
          but honestly: THIS example about attachments in groups shows exactly that selling new licenses seems to be the main goal. i really miss the good old vb3 times ;(

greets, Nik

Comment

• Duke49th
            • Sep 2014
            • 4.2.x

And 4 years later - still nothing

We started with groups too and it its neccessary for us to upload attachments. Without that featuer its almost useless.

Blogs -> no attachments
            Groups -> no attachments

How the heck we can seperate projects from the forum if those features are so limited...

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

Why do you think anything would have changed on vB4 ?

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Duke49th
                • Sep 2014
                • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                Why do you think anything would have changed on vB4 ?
                Is this a "feature" that made it into vB5?

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

A quick test on this site would seem to suggest yes.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...