X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougdirac
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

Email Failure

I'm having an issue were a small percentage of my emails are failing to deliver. The thing is they tend to be Contact Us type messages, so its important not to miss them.
    Any way to get the email log (Error Handling & Logging--> Log Emails to a File) to only log the failed emails?
    That way I wouldn't have to deal with a large file on my server and would make it easier to follow up.
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

If most emails are being sent it is unlikely to be an issue with vbulletin unless they are queued, more likely to be an issue with the server or even your servers IP address being rejected by some email clients. Do you have access to your servers email logs?
    Last edited by donald1234; Tue 9 Dec '14, 12:53am.

Comment

• MyLibary
      • Apr 2011

Sorry wrong
      Attached Files

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dougdirac
        I'm having an issue were a small percentage of my emails are failing to deliver. The thing is they tend to be Contact Us type messages, so its important not to miss them.
        Any way to get the email log (Error Handling & Logging--> Log Emails to a File) to only log the failed emails?
        That way I wouldn't have to deal with a large file on my server and would make it easier to follow up.
        Log emails to file, logs ALL emails.

Comment

• dougdirac
          • Jul 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery

Log emails to file, logs ALL emails.
          Yeah, I know that. Hence my question about how to exclusively log the failures.

Anyhow, I solved my problem. The issue was Amazon SES rejecting emails where the "From:" field had an email address that wasn't from my domain. This happens with Contact Us as well as users using vB to email other users.

Comment

• dougdirac
            • Jul 2012
            • 4.2.X

This is really something vB should fix. The from field should be from my domain and they should use the Reply-to field for the user's email address.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...