X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasilFawlty
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] New Thread Notification

Is there a way for a member to get instant notification in a forum whenever there is a new thread started in a forum (not notification for all posts, just new threads)?
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Have them subscribe to the forum they want to receive e-mails from.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• BasilFawlty
      • Jul 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Amaury25
      Have them subscribe to the forum they want to receive e-mails from.
      If they subscribe to a forum, they only have 3 options: Get Daily notifications by email, Get Weekly notification by email, or get notifications by their control panel only. What I'm talking about is whether there is a way from them to only get notifications (instant) when a NEW topic is started. The current system (I believe) sends the notifications of all posts - both new topics and replies to existing topics.

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by BasilFawlty
        If they subscribe to a forum, they only have 3 options: Get Daily notifications by email, Get Weekly notification by email, or get notifications by their control panel only. What I'm talking about is whether there is a way from them to only get notifications (instant) when a NEW topic is started. The current system (I believe) sends the notifications of all posts - both new topics and replies to existing topics.
        You'd need a modification for that, which I found here.

Additionally, if you have any questions on it, you should ask in that thread.
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• BasilFawlty
          • Jul 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Amaury25
          You'd need a modification for that, which I found here.

Additionally, if you have any questions on it, you should ask in that thread.
          Yep, that's what I needed to do! Installed, tested and seems to work great so far. Thanks. Yes, I know if I have question about it to ask in the VB.org site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...