Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmd708
    • Feb 2006

[Blog] serious bug in blog

Here is a very serious bug I came across. It seems to dump the database to the screen, beginning with all the admin settings.

See if you can replicate it with the following steps:

1) Have a user blog in moderation queue.

2) As admin, in admincp delete the user who has blogs in moderation queue.

You should get an error in admincp when you do this as follows:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function query_read() on a non-object in class_dm_blog_user.php on line 218"

Now go to your website frontend and go to blogs section.

It will give an error: "Fatal error: is_member_of_blog(): $bloginfo['permissions'] not defined. in [path]/includes/blog_functions_shared.php on line 275"

And then it will begin to dump all sorts of database information to the screen. It only did it for me as an admin, not as a guest. Guest showed the page correctly. But as admin it didn't. I did not test as normal registered user.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Go to:

AdminCP > vBulletin Blog > Blog Entries

...and do a search. Delete any entries that don't have an associated user and this will resolve the error message. This is due to be fixed in 4.2.1
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• alfanexus
      • Dec 2008
      • 5.5.x

Solved

Comment

• pelican
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.6.x

i have this problem.
        how do i search and mass delete all blog entries without associated user.
        admincp doesnt seems to have such function.

Comment

• pelican
          • Aug 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          Go to: AdminCP > vBulletin Blog > Blog Entries ...and do a search. Delete any entries that don't have an associated user and this will resolve the error message. This is due to be fixed in 4.2.1
          anyway to search for the blog entries that dont have associated user without manually going through thousands of the blog posts?

spammer posted lots of blog posts, i've already deleted the spammer users but still leave these unassociated blog posts which is causing the whole chunk of bugs as mention in the first post here.

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

I'm afraid you would have to do so as there is not such an option. Sorry.
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...