Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RHarbison
    • Mar 2002

[CMS] Make article appear in center section of front page

I'm a total newb to the CMS so this is probably a stupid user trick...

I created a new article, seemed simple enough.

It now shows up on the front page, but only in a box in the left column. How do I get it to appear at the top of the center column? I've tried compaing the settings of other articles to this one, but I must be overlooking the setting that makes it show up in that column.

• Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Did you check the grids yet? That might help in order to seperate your page in other areas.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• RHarbison
      • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Hartmut
      Did you check the grids yet? That might help in order to seperate your page in other areas.
      I don't think this has to do with grids. I suspect it's something much simpler that I'm doing wrong.

Here's the link to my CMS homepage: http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/content.php

There is a center column there, labeled "The Front Page". It has the sample articles in it, like the puppy video and the guy on a motorcylce carrying a pig.

In the left column is the "recent articles" box. My "Pardon our digital dust" article shows up there. It does NOT show up in the center column with all of the other articles. Why not?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Edit the home section and make sure that it's set to pull in all articles there.

Have a look at this article which covers the display options for sections:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• RHarbison
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          Edit the home section and make sure that it's set to pull in all articles there.

Have a look at this article which covers the display options for sections:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...iting-Sections
          It was set up to pull them, but there were so many of the default articles "pinned" to the front page that it pushed my article out of sight. I may have also had the sections thing screwed up, as I said, I'm brand new to the CMS and the whole categories / sections / front page thing can be confusing at first.

Mark this one up to "Pilot Error" and call it solved. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...