Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kvnband
    • Dec 2004

[Forum] Deny permission to post in forum by usergroup

We have a complex setup of usergroups on our site. This is a setup that I believe has been working for awhile, but now seems to be broken.

Basically, we have a forum. In that forum, users of Group A CAN post to that forum. Users of Group B CANNOT post to that forum. If a user is a member of both A AND B, he SHOULD NOT be able to post in that forum.

What we are experiencing, however, is that a member belonging to both of those groups can post in the forum.

I can write a plugin to fix this behavior, if necessary, but I and the rest of the team feel that it was working as we need it to work in the past. In the Forum Permissions section, Group B has been explicitly denied access to the forum, and Group A still has its default permissions (Which is to allow the posting)

Is VB operating as intended and I need to write a plugin to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If a user is in multiple usergroups that have conflicting permission settings, the “greater” permission overrides the “lesser.” A Yes always overrides a No, and a larger number overrides a smaller one.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• djmac
      • Sep 2001

SOme areas in admincp ask for user id's where do I find those id's?
      Stress: The overwhelming desire to choke the s*@t out of someone.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by djmac
        SOme areas in admincp ask for user id's where do I find those id's?
        You really need to start your own thread about your own topic and describe a little better what you are looking for.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...