Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zero477
    • Jan 2012

[Forum] Can moderators create forums?

I know this is a newbie question but ... Moderators or Super Moderators can create forums? if so where do I set these permissions?
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

If you grant them the rights they can.
    Actually.. I'm not sure if mods can, I know you can setup admins to allow them to create and manage forum categories.
    user or usergroup > Under Admin permissions.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Hartmut
      • Nov 2007
      • 4.2.x

As long as you don't change the administrator permissions under the usergroup management in AdminCP, moderators can't create forums.
      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

As far as I can tell you can't give mods forum creation rights...it wouldn't logically work, since moderators can be restricted to only moderating certain forums, if they could then add and delete forums they potentially had no moderating rights in.....your permissions tree becomes sort of upside down.

If you have moderators who need that sort of permission, keep your actual admins with any power as Super Admins, and then lock down the ordinary Admin usergroup so it is little more than a glorified supermod.

Edit: Ninja'd by Hartmut.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• zero477
          • Jan 2012

Hello,

Thanks to all for your replies ... I want supermoderators to be able to create forums ... but not to access to all the control panel ...

Is that possible?

Greetings,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...