How do i mass delete thousands of blogs ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croft
    • Aug 2002
    • 4.1.x

[Blog] How do i mass delete thousands of blogs ?

I wonder how i do when i want to mass delete 7291 blogs and 120149 entries ?
    I kept on banning and banning.
    The aksimet and question and answer is totaly useless as human verification.
    Im deleting around 200 new forum threads per day to and banning those users.
    But i do not wish to keep doing this for several hours per day.
    The next thing i can do is realy just to remove vbulletin and never use it again

Threads 2,951 Posts 2,961 Members 11,600 Active Members 8,610Welcome to our newest member, twlhoudwj
    Blogs 7,291 Entries 120,149 Last 24 Hours 3,732Latest Blog Entry, LOUIS VUITTON Sac White Colorful Leather 2 Do You Want To Know What A Settlement by fangping1g
    Pimp Daddy Croft Magazine
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Probably the fastest way to delete a member's blogs is to go to their profile and click "View Blog Entries".

You can then select "Inline Mod" from the top and then "Select All".
    At the bottom you can then select "Delete Blog Entry".
    Admittedly still some work if you have hundreds of members. Especially as you have to do "Select All" on every page.

Once clear, have a look at some anti-spam advice.
    THIS thread helps.

Also you can restrict the usergroup permissions for new registrations so that they cannot post blogs. use the promotion system to move them into a new usergroup after, say, ten posts. This group can then have expanded permissions. (You'll need to move all your existing members from the existing usergroup into the new one).

Remember all forums are getting hit by spam at the moment, it's not a vBulletin specific problem, and there are no magic answers. It involves a bit of smart work on the part of the site admin.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• croft
      • Aug 2002
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for the help.
      I have had spam-o-matic installed 1 hour now and my problem is becoming obvius with the amount of spam registrations it stops.

This is after 1 hour.
      155 Spammers Denied Registration

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Yep that's not unusual....my own site, and also another site I installed it on a few days ago, has similar results in the logs.

I still find the odd few slipping through, despite that add on and a good Q&A set up. But a few is better than hundreds.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------

Comment

• vissa
          • Apr 2004
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          Probably the fastest way to delete a member's blogs is to go to their profile and click "View Blog Entries".

You can then select "Inline Mod" from the top and then "Select All".
          At the bottom you can then select "Delete Blog Entry".
          Admittedly still some work if you have hundreds of members. Especially as you have to do "Select All" on every page.
          This does NOT work. It only deletes the latest 5 blog posts by a user. I have one that posted 700+ blog entries and would have to spend hours on just one spammer. The fact that there are no built in tools to even remove them all at once is pretty bad.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

I agree, though you can go through the other pages and do the "Select All" bit, and it should remember what you selected on previous pages.

Another way is to list the entries in the AdminCP:

AdminCP > vBulletin Blog > Blog Entries

But this method has no tick box so you are clicking "Delete" on each individual entry.

I do agree that a better mass delete option is needed in Blogs, it's come up several times.

Going forwards, what I did was make my default usergroup have no blog permissions, and then set up an automatic promotion to a new usergroup that DOES have these permissions, when the user has made, say, 5 forum posts.
            If you do this you will need to promote all your existing members to this group as well.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------

Comment

• croft
              • Aug 2002
              • 4.1.x

Just an update. its now been 5 days since i installed this spam-o-matic and the numbers is horrifying to read . Let me just say i have 4 correctly registered users on my forum.

There are currently 208 users online. 33 members and 175 guests
              Most users ever online was 518, 2 Days Ago at 04:24 PM.
              Members 12,459 Active Members 8,663

29115 Spammers Denied Registration
              So basically spam-o-matic have stopped 29115 spammers from registering since the 22'nd of november. I dont dare to think about how many is getting thrue. But the member count is going up. The member count november 21 was 11,600. This is bad.

Comment

• smirkley
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mark.B
                Remember all forums are getting hit by spam at the moment, it's not a vBulletin specific problem, and there are no magic answers. It involves a bit of smart work on the part of the site admin.
                Mark,...please dont take this wrong. But it IS a vbulletin specific problem.

Yes it is hitting all forum solutions, but I am trusting that IB/VB will come up with a solution.

That is what we pay IB for. Solutions.

Dont please blame the problem on the site admins.

We NEED proactive solutions that are in fact proactive.

We as admins of IB software customers, desperate for your (IB) help here.

We need help here, not excuses.

edit to add,..

IB/VB and customers cannot rely on third party solutions to resolve the spam issue. This is pushing the blame on the third party and customers of IB.
                We as customers of the premier forum software vendor are praying for an in-house solution that does proactively involve corrective action to provide the customer with a cause-correct action that works.

Please.
                Last edited by smirkley; Tue 27 Nov '12, 7:33pm.

Comment

• Hartmut
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 4.2.x

Don't understand me wrong, but the development of vBulletin has just made a step in that direction by adding the Spam Management. So you see that IB is not ignoring this topic.
                  No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• croft
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 4.1.x

Well yesterday my host cut of access to the site due to to high traffic. Checked the ip's and its all spammers.
                    Today i got access back to the site and turned of my forum and will remove it from the server.

For me nothing has helped realy.
                    To bad but such is life.

Comment