{vb:raw template_hook.postbit_userinfo_left}
    Code:
    {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_userinfo_right_after_posts}
    Code:
    {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_userinfo_right}
    etc
    any idea this is by far one of the most puzzling issue I have come accross

I added all the files to the root dir from a fresh archive
    I scanned the DB I added a completely Default vb style..
    there is one error that has come up almost 600 thousand time in the errorlog too
    Code:
    [20-Nov-2012 14:28:38] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/theflir1/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 84
    the weird part is that line 84 it
    Code:
    /**

* If I add the template that shold hook it shows .. but there seems like a permission problem..
    But I searched high and low

I installed a test site on the saem server
    works perfect
    I even went as far as grabbing the styles off the live sit and adding them to the test site and they still work...

any info would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Back up back up Back up, thats all the advice I can give.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You probably have an error on one of your plugins that run on either the postbit_display_start or postbit_display_complete hook.

Display each plugin that uses these hooks 1 by 1 until it starts working again.

Comment

• hipster
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.2.X

there are only 2 mods that use those hooks .. DHtech's moods and Abe1' post thanks..
      both new and both work on the test site ..vb4.2 pl3

all the other hooks work on the forum..
      I disabled all mods
      I even un installed them all and added only 1.. (moods)
      it displays in the users profile.. but not under the avatar..

Same with the thanks mod
      Displays in the profile page
      but nothing in the postbit / postbit_legacy

nothing is working
      weirdest thing...

thanks Joe D for your reply

I'm still in need ot ideas ..
      thanks

Regards

P.S.a
      Have a great Holiday eveyone

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Ok there is definitely some sort of modification interfering with that. You need to disable ALL modifications, not just the ones you think might be causing the issue.

Please try the following:

1. To disable the plugin/hook system completely, edit includes/config.php and add the following code:
        Just below
        Code:
        <?php
        enter
        Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        2. Now go to AdminCP > Style Manager
        and create a new style with no parent.
        Now browse your forum using this new style.

Do the hooks now work, and has the error gone away?
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• hipster
          • Oct 2009
          • 4.2.X

Hi Mark

I disable ALL modifications
          I even uninstalled them all and installed only One

I did not disable all hooks then make a new style.tho.
          I will give that a go
          thanks Bud
          Regards
          Hippy

- - - Updated - - -

No go Mark... same

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Can you check your PHP error log?

Or put this in your config.php file, under <?php so you know errors will be displayed:

Code:
            ini_set('display_errors', 1);

Comment

• hipster
              • Oct 2009
              • 4.2.X

I checked the log as I stated above ..
              but I added the code to the config.php
              and the error displays in the pm's and threads
              1 for each post

Code:
              [B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in [B]/home/theflir1/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]83[/B]

Comment

• Hartmut
                • Nov 2007
                • 4.2.x

That means that some plugin or product is trying to use the hook called 'postbit_display_complete' with incorrect values. A plugin is causing this issue.

Please do what Mark told you in post #4 and try again. Also manually disable all your products.

Does this solve the issue?
                No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by hipster
                  I checked the log as I stated above ..
                  but I added the code to the config.php
                  and the error displays in the pm's and threads
                  1 for each post

Code:
                  [B]Parse error[/B]:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in [B]/home/theflir1/public_html/includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]83[/B]
                  If you added the code to config.php, you probably did so to the wrong config.php file. Sometimes people accidentally upload config.php to their forum root directory.

Make sure it is the config.php file inside your /includes/ directory, that is the only one that counts.

Comment

• hipster
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 4.2.X

I did this first .. turned off one plug in at a time till they where all off ..(no plugins enabled at this time .. ) the error persists.. I have to go into the config and add
                    Code:
                    then the error is gone.. . so this is telling me there is a plugin that was installed a while ago and never un-installed correctly. So the question is how to I find it ..I removed all files that are not beening used from the plugins that are installed ..and made sure all the files are current from the latest VB 4.3 pl3 I even user the DB compare mod from vb.org to check the tables...
                    Originally posted by Hartmut
                    That means that some plugin or product is trying to use the hook called 'postbit_display_complete' with incorrect values. A plugin is causing this issue.

Please do what Mark told you in post #4 and try again. Also manually disable all your products.

Does this solve the issue?
                    Like I said If I add
                    Code:
                    in the config.php the error is gone ..(or disable them with in the admincp to turn them off globally but if I disable them with in the plugin manager and they are all off the error is still there..

Originally posted by Joe D.
                    If you added the code to config.php, you probably did so to the wrong config.php file. Sometimes people accidentally upload config.php to their forum root directory.

Make sure it is the config.php file inside your /includes/ directory, that is the only one that counts.
                    the config file is with in the includes folder..I understand people do these things not knowing .. I been working on vb since 2001 so I am pretty much on the same page as you ..thanks you guys for your help in trying to resolve this issue.. RegardsHippy

Comment

• Hartmut
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 4.2.x

Good to hear that you solved this issue and found the broken plugin.
                      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by hipster
                        I did this first .. turned off one plug in at a time till they where all off ..(no plugins enabled at this time .. ) the error persists.. I have to go into the config and add
                        Code:
                        then the error is gone.. . so this is telling me there is a plugin that was installed a while ago and never un-installed correctly. So the question is how to I find it ..I removed all files that are not beening used from the plugins that are installed ..and made sure all the files are current from the latest VB 4.3 pl3 I even user the DB compare mod from vb.org to check the tables... Like I said If I add
                        Code:
                        in the config.php the error is gone ..(or disable them with in the admincp to turn them off globally but if I disable them with in the plugin manager and they are all off the error is still there..

the config file is with in the includes folder..I understand people do these things not knowing .. I been working on vb since 2001 so I am pretty much on the same page as you ..thanks you guys for your help in trying to resolve this issue.. RegardsHippy

When you say you disabled plugins 1 by 1 do you perhaps mean products? I ask because you can disable all products and still have active plugins. (If the plugin is associated with vBulletin itself and not a 3rd party product.)

To check this go to Plugin Manager and see if you have any plugins listed under the vBulletin product. If so the problem is one of them.

The other thing that can affect the forum is if you leave old .xml files from uninstalled mods in the /includes/xml/ folder- they need to be deleted when a mod is uninstalled. You can go to the Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Check to get a list of suspect files. Files not part of vBulletin will be listed with the warning "File not recognized as part of vBulletin" - So any file that says that inside the /includes/xml/ folder should be removed EXCEPT those from currently installed mods. No easy way to tell this other than to check every installed mod's original zip package to see the names of files you may have uploaded and compare

Comment

• hipster
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 4.2.X

yes sorry products.. I even did blog and CMS right down the line all of them and the error still happens ..(yes she has a suite) if I globally disable via config.php the error is gone.. I did check all the files via admincp Suspect File Check and they are all good .. only files there are for the current mods / products , there are very few mods so to trace the files associated with these mods was not too hard.... seems a few months back urljet ( her host did something with the cms...) is there a way to reset the options and permissions for that .. I even tried to uninstall that and I get a error.. Thanks for your help on tracing this down.
                          When you say you disabled plugins 1 by 1 do you perhaps mean products? I ask because you can disable all products and still have active plugins. (If the plugin is associated with vBulletin itself and not a 3rd party product.)

To check this go to Plugin Manager and see if you have any plugins listed under the vBulletin product. If so the problem is one of them.

The other thing that can affect the forum is if you leave old .xml files from uninstalled mods in the /includes/xml/ folder- they need to be deleted when a mod is uninstalled. You can go to the Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Check to get a list of suspect files. Files not part of vBulletin will be listed with the warning "File not recognized as part of vBulletin" - So any file that says that inside the /includes/xml/ folder should be removed EXCEPT those from currently installed mods. No easy way to tell this other than to check every installed mod's original zip package to see the names of files you may have uploaded and compare

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

You can't uninstall the CMS on 4.2.0, it's best to just disable it if you aren't using it.

OK, did you check the plugin manager like I suggested though? There can be plugins that are not part of a 3rd party product and can only be disabled through plugin manager and not product manager.

Comment

• hipster
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 4.2.X

You can't uninstall the CMS on 4.2.0, it's best to just disable it if you aren't using it.

OK, did you check the plugin manager like I suggested though? There can be plugins that are not part of a 3rd party product and can only be disabled through plugin manager and not product manager.
                              yes .. when the products are disabled there is nothing remaining in the plugins that is not disabled..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...