Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt'n Clax
    • Mar 2012

[Forum] Prevent unauthorized use of an outside user

I run a private fishing forum with vbulletin 4 and have recently found out that one of my users has given his username and password out to an unauthorized person. Being that this is a private forum, i want to know if there is a way that I can snare this culprit. I don't know who the user is that has handed out his password. One thought I had was to search the IP addresses of all users and see if there is a suspicious pattern, and then block all IP address with the exception of the IP address they used to sign up. Once I dove into seeing eveyone IP addresses, I realized that this might be futile since many of us look at the forum from so many computers. The second thought I had was to reset everyone's password. But, I doubt that would do anything to help my cause.

I'm not terribly proficient at vbulletin, but I'm a quick learner. Is there anyway to manage this situation????
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Hm, quite hard to find out about this. Whenever a user posts, his IP is getting logged. But as long as the user just reads it will be hard to figure out who it is. Maybe you can find a modification for this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Capt'n Clax
      • Mar 2012

Thanks Hartmut. I'll try vbulletin.org and see what I come up with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...