X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LenKaiser
    • Jan 2014
    • 4.2.x

[CMS] Error When Edit CMS Section

I'm getting this error every time I try to edit a CMS section on a client's site. Please read my entire post, I have tried pretty much everything that is already listed on the site here, so please do not assume my situation is just like the others listed. I have already followed everything that I can in THIS thread.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    The Problem:

When I go to edit a section in the CMS I get the above error message. This seems to only happen in a section and not when I try and edit an article. I cannot change things by clicking the little edit pencil in the CMS, but I can change things in the admincp like published, not published etc of the sections. All the permissions are set on the sections so I should be able to edit them within the CMS.

Also this site's forum/cms is in a subdomain. I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not. We are going to be moving it into the main domain once this issue is resolved.

vBulletin & Server Info:

vBulletin Suite 4.2.2 P2
    MySQL 5.5.40-cll
    PHP 5.4.29
    Apache 2.2.27
    Perl 5.10.1

There are only 6 hacks installed on the site, if you need a list for what ever reason please let me know.

Things I Have Already Done (in Some Cases More Than Once):

1. Upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin 4.2.2 P2
    2. Re-uploaded files overwriting the upgraded files (did this 3 times)
    3. Checked files for suspect file versions (Deleted all old vB files, but kept the hacks that are installed)
    4. Cleared browser cache 3 times.
    5. Checked the site in Firefox, Chrome & IE got the same result in all of them.
    6. Created a new skin and tried to make the edits in the new skin after clearing the cache, did not work.
    7. Disabled all plugins except the CMS and checked in all 3 browsers after clearing the cache
    8. Flushed my Windows 7 DNS cache on my Laptop
    9. All add-ons are up to date as I just installed them about 2 weeks ago.

Please help me get this resolved. Thanks.
    Last edited by LenKaiser; Wed 19 Nov '14, 9:58pm.
    vBulletin 3 & 4 Design & Development For Hire!
  • LenKaiser
    • Jan 2014
    • 4.2.x

Anyone? Hello?

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Are the URL settings correct in the admincp?
      If the forum is in a subfolder that must be reflected in the URL settings.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• LenKaiser
        • Jan 2014
        • 4.2.x

Yeah the URL's are correct in the admincp.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You posted this same question on vbulletin.org. This was my answer there:

What is your userid? Go to your database and look at the usertextfield table for the row with your userid. Then change the field usertextfield.searchprefs to: Code:

Code:
          a:1:{s:20:"cmsadmin_showperpage";i:20;}
          Then Maintenance > Clear System Cache. You should then be able to edit the section. You set the number of articles (at the bottom of the section page) to a number your server cannot handle. You may be able to increase it from 20 to 50.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• LenKaiser
            • Jan 2014
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Lynne
            You posted this same question on vbulletin.org. This was my answer there:
            Yes thanks Lynne!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...