• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRobbins1977
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

[Forum] Changed Forum Component URL- Now Error 404

Hello,
    I changed the Forum Component URL under AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name/URL/Contact Details. I wanted the forums to look like they were in a directory "http://www.example.com/forum". But when I changed it, it gave me Error 404. So I changed it back to blank, and it is STILL giving me Error 404!

Help!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Did you upload the forum 'stub' from the ZIP file so that you could navigate to the /forum directory and get the forum there? If not, you need to do that before changing that setting. The files can be found in the do_not_upload folder in the ZIP File
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• SRobbins1977
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      Did you upload the forum 'stub' from the ZIP file so that you could navigate to the /forum directory and get the forum there? If not, you need to do that before changing that setting. The files can be found in the do_not_upload folder in the ZIP File
      hi Trevor. Could describe the process? I'm assuming I don't just upload the file any old place?

Edit: I also don't see a file called 'stub' in the do_not_upload folder.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You really shouldn't change that setting pretty much ever. Login to the AdminCP and change it back.

Comment

• SRobbins1977
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Zachery
          You really shouldn't change that setting pretty much ever. Login to the AdminCP and change it back.
          hi Zachery,
          From earlier in the thread "But when I changed it, it gave me Error 404. So I changed it back to blank, and it is STILL giving me Error 404!"

Brings me back to the problem of it it not working and my question about the stub thing.

EDIT: also, lol at giving an option to change something that should never be changed once its set up. Maybe you guys should remove that or add steps to change it or safe guard to prevent changes if something isnt set up right.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Its actually a setting that does what its supposed to, but has a bunch of bugs with it. The forum component url setting is kind of self defeating anyway. As it shouldn't be used to normally move the software into another folder.

If you're still getting 404 errors, log a support ticket. Include AdminCP and ftp, and w'ell take a look.

Comment

• SRobbins1977
              • Oct 2009
              • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Zachery
              Its actually a setting that does what its supposed to, but has a bunch of bugs with it. The forum component url setting is kind of self defeating anyway. As it shouldn't be used to normally move the software into another folder.

If you're still getting 404 errors, log a support ticket. Include AdminCP and ftp, and w'ell take a look.
              hi Zachery,
              I did yesterday: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15534
              Thanks.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by SRobbins1977
                hi Zachery,
                I did yesterday: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15534
                Thanks.
                That is a JIRA for bug reports. Support tickets should go to http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SRobbins1977
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  That is a JIRA for bug reports. Support tickets should go to http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/
                  Thanks Wayne Luke. Just posted it.

Comment