X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boodog
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] REPLY WITH QUOTE problems

I'm running 4.1.2 and when I after I click REPLY WITH QUOTE, compose the message and attempt to click the POST QUICK REPLY button, the button does nothing when clicked. I'm running Safari 6.0.2 but it's been happening for awhile now, not just this version of Safari. Is anyone else experiencing any bugs when trying to reply with a quote? Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this.

Even if I paste in the quoted message with the [ ] brackets, it disables the button.

Thanks much for help and suggestions.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

DO you know if the problem is limited to Safari?

Comment

• boodog
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.6.x

Thank you Lynne. I disabled plugins per your suggestion and the problem persists in Safari and Chrome as well. Any ideas on how to go about finding what's causing this?

Thanks!!

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Do you have the same problem here on vbulletin.com? If not, then it could have been a bug that has since been fixed. A lot of bugs have been fixed between 4.1.2 and 4.2.0

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• boodog
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
            Do you have the same problem here on vbulletin.com? If not, then it could have been a bug that has since been fixed. A lot of bugs have been fixed between 4.1.2 and 4.2.0
            I guess it works here just fine. On my forum I don't have a SUBMIT REPLY button, only a POST QUICK REPLY button. I wonder if that's where the trouble is, and I'm not sure why its button arrangement is the way it is. Any idea about that?

Thank you, Lynne

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

We don't have a Submit Reply button here either - it says Post Quick Reply in this Quick Reply editor so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Comment

• boodog
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

I guess I was seeing things, Lynne. Could have sworn that's what I saw

Is upgrading to 4.2 my last resort?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

If you have verified that it isn't a modification causing the issue and it isn't a custom style causing the issue, then it sounds like you should upgrade to get the issue fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...