Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpal
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] vB4 showthread pages not indexable?

I recently installed an addon called SEO Doctor to my Firefox browser which analyses any web pages I am viewing and presents a SEO score, it doesn't provide a massive amount of information but it does tend to pick up on obvious mistakes like multiple H1 tags, missing image alt tags, etc.

Having updated one of my forums I was keen to see whether vB4 was better in that respect than vB3, so imagine my surprise when I clicked on a thread to read only to see it was awarded 0% with the warning message that the page was not indexable because amongst other things, the meta robots tag was set to 'noindex'.

Now I was quite surprised with this result because every thread I viewed on my vB4 forum received the same warning message.

Not sure whether it was just my forum at fault I decided to view the official vBulletin forum and selected a random thread to read and much to my astonishment, the same noindex warning flashed up when viewing the thread.

I've enclosed a couple of screenshots below, one for the forum homepage and one for a current random thread as below:

Hi VB Team, I am planning to buy vBulletin for my site's forum & support requirements. Since I have very specific technical requirements I would like to know how much can vBulletin help me in achieving the same. Please tell if all of the following is possible with VB: Q1. : I need to run different forums/threads, one for

Can anyone look into this and confirm whether the threads are set to 'noindex' in the header tags because obviously this will have quite a serious impact on the rank of the pages on vB4 forums.
    Attached Files
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Direct link to your site would be nice

Comment

• richpal
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

Hi Zachery, it makes no difference, the noindex shows up on your official vBulletin forum as I posted earlier with a link and screenshots. If anyone else is running Firefox browser could install the SEO Doctor addon it would be a great help to either clarify whether the SEO Doctor needs binning, or whether there is a genuine problem with vB4 indexing of posted threads.

Anyone interested in trying this out can do so by using the latest Firefox browser and installing the 'SEO Doctor' addon from Firefox > Tools > add-ons and using the search box to find the add-on. If you don't like it then delete it!

BTW Zachery, I can send you a link to the forum by private message. Am really hoping it's a flaw in the SEO Doctor software!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...