• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subieforums
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Prompt To Stay Or Leave Page

Hello everyone!

Hope you can help me trouble shoot this, as I've been getting notified by our forum members about this issue. Apparently, when members are using the "quick reply" feature, they are getting the pop up which asks them if they want to stay or leave. If they select to stay, it is posting a duplicate message and brings them to the "advanced" editing page.

Here is the exact issue notification posted on my board:

I checked to see if this was brought up and couldn't find it. I don't know if it is happening to anyone else or not but when I post a quick reply whether it is with or without a quote, a pop up asks me if I want to leave or stay on the current page. If I select leave page it posts no problem but if I select stay on page it posts duplicate messages and takes me to the "Go Advanced" editing page. I am using the latest Firefox, I don't have to IE to see if it is just my browser. This happening to anyone else?
    Not sure if this is a known bug as I conducted a search and received negative results. I am running 4.2 and the board is http://www.subieforums.com

Thank you in advance for your time!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

If so, Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
    I will add that you will get this popup (at least, in Chrome), if you start to type something but then decide not to post it and so you just go to close the tab. That is a browser thing, not a vbulletin thing.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Subieforums
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lynne
      Create a new style with no parent:
      • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
      • Parent Style: No Parent Style
      • Title: Default vBulletin
      • Allow User Selection: Yes
      • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

If so, Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
      Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
      I will add that you will get this popup (at least, in Chrome), if you start to type something but then decide not to post it and so you just go to close the tab. That is a browser thing, not a vbulletin thing.
      Ok, the only issue with this is I have "10" styles under the parent style. Reason being is that one of our main features is that our users can select a custom regional header (theme) for their viewing pleasure. I don't get the issue in Safari, and I am aware that if you start to type something and try to leave the page, you will get the same popup. However, the members are likely using chrome etc. And the difficult part is trying to recreate this issue, as it does not happen each and every time.

So not sure if there is a generic fix for this, or a way to prevent the pop box from coming up at all...at least from the vbulletin side of things...

Comment

• GasMan320
        • May 2006
        • 4.2.X

Here is a workaround to disable this popup: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...#action_144202
        Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

• Subieforums
          • Sep 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by GasMan320
          Here is a workaround to disable this popup: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...#action_144202

Thank you so much, I will try this now!

So set the "true" to "false", I was trying the "//" method before but was still getting issues.

I'll update you shortly!

Comment

• temp 4
            • Jun 2007

updates?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...