• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimes
    • Jun 2012
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] Question About Installing CMS At Root

Hi,

Forgive me if this is a commonly talked about issue, I couldn't find a straight forward answer. I would like to have the CMS be installed at the root of my site. The manual says to rename the upload folder to something else (forums for example). In the test site I created, the default structure was mydomain/forums for the CMS and mydomain/forums/forum for the forums. I'd like it to be mydomain for the CMS and mydomain/forum for the forums. I believe you would just upload the contents within the upload folder to the root. Are there any other changes that need to be made elsewhere for this to work properly? Thanks.
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Grimes
    I believe you would just upload the contents within the upload folder to the root. Are there any other changes that need to be made elsewhere for this to work properly? Thanks.
    Nope, that's exactly what you need to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Wait, you might need to do some htaccess trickery to make /forum.php appear to be /forum/.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Grimes
      • Jun 2012
      • 4.2.X

For anyone else looking for help with this, this thread helped tremendously: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...89-Big-problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...