X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lpspider
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] auto user promotion issue

Alright, I have a promotion set up that promotes users from a "new member" to a "registered user" when they've been registered for 14 days and have made 20 posts. My scheduled task has this promotion scheduled. However, this is one user who has 300+ posts and 6+ months registered and hasn't been promoted to the registered usergroup. He's not the only one. What gives? I'm not sure how I can investigate or fix this, but it looks like not everyone (anyone?) is getting promoted as they should.
    Check out my creative writing forum.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Has he logged in since the last time it ran?

Comment

• _Avalon_
      • Dec 2012
      • 4.2.X

Have same question. I've made new promotion which should be effected after 30 posts, but status for such users still "Junior member". What should I change?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Same question as Zachery above
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• AliMadkour
          • Dec 2004
          • 6.X

Originally posted by _Avalon_
          Have same question. I've made new promotion which should be effected after 30 posts, but status for such users still "Junior member". What should I change?
          AdminCP->User Title Manager
          and set title with minimum posts

then update user titles and ranks (AdminCP->User Title Manager -> General Update Tools) click on General Update Tools button.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• _Avalon_
            • Dec 2012
            • 4.2.X

1 question -yes
            2 Done

Nothing changed. User Title is same "Junior member", but according to group I've made in Usergroups - it should be changed to "User"

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AliMadkour
            AdminCP->User Title Manager
            and set title with minimum posts.
            You mean that settings of posts in User Title manager should be same as in new group I've created? I thought, that new permissions as well as new status should be applied automatically when quantity of posts will be more than 30..

Comment

• AliMadkour
              • Dec 2004
              • 6.X

Originally posted by _Avalon_
              1 question -yes
              2 Done

Nothing changed. User Title is same "Junior member", but according to group I've made in Usergroups - it should be changed to "User"

- - - Updated - - -

You mean that settings of posts in User Title manager should be same as in new group I've created? I thought, that new permissions as well as new status should be applied automatically when quantity of posts will be more than 30..

no It shouldn't, I mean do that if you only need to change the user title not permissions. you should set a promote.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

• _Avalon_
                • Dec 2012
                • 4.2.X

So this field in UserGroup manager is not appers:

User Title (Use this to override the default 'ladder' of user titles)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AliMadkour
                no It shouldn't, I mean do that if you only need to change the user title not permissions. you should set a promote.
                That's clear. So my question is why when new promotion must be effected - title not changed to new

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...