Any way to provide Facebook Connect button for IE browser users?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imkk
    • Sep 2012

[Forum] Any way to provide Facebook Connect button for IE browser users?

Any way to provide Facebook Connect button for IE browser users? It shows in all other browsers except IE.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

This problem is known to Facebook Support- we need to wait for them to provide a solution.

Comment

• imkk
      • Sep 2012

Thanks Joe D.
      What exactly should I tell facebook when I contact to complain? I guess I'm afraid theyre going to tell me it's a Microsoft issue since the button is not ven rendering in the banner area.

Do you know if there is anyway I can provide a link to users that will allow them to login/link to FB without using their button that is supposed to be showing up next to the vBulletin "welcome" in the header?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Facebook is aware of the issue, I do not believe it is limited to vBulletin. I don't see any use in complaining to Facebook. If you feel you have to it should be enough to say Facebook Connect is no longer working in Internet Explorer. Remember however Facebook Connect is a free service provided by Facebook- they could just as easily shut it down completely tomorrow if they wanted.

Comment

• imkk
          • Sep 2012

OK thanks again for the info. It is still baffling to me (not hard to do) how Facebook can keep the icon from even showing up on the header. I can see how they could keep the associated link from functioning though.

Comment

• GasMan320
            • May 2006
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
            Remember however Facebook Connect is a free service provided by Facebook- they could just as easily shut it down completely tomorrow if they wanted.
            When something is a "free service" it means you, and your users, are the product. It isn't in our best interests that Facebook provides this functionality, it's in their own best interests.
            Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by imkk
              OK thanks again for the info. It is still baffling to me (not hard to do) how Facebook can keep the icon from even showing up on the header. I can see how they could keep the associated link from functioning though.
              The button only shows if Facebook JavaScript is loaded from Facebook's Servers. You can test this by disabling JavaScript in Chrome or Firefox, the Connect button won't show.

Originally posted by GasMan320
              When something is a "free service" it means you, and your users, are the product. It isn't in our best interests that Facebook provides this functionality, it's in their own best interests.
              Hence why I believe they are going to fix the issue as soon as they can.

Comment