X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shanef
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] internal server error - whats new / new posts / search

Hello today out of the blue when clicking on new posts or whats new tab / new posts / using the search bar i get a generic 500 internal server error. Nothing has been changed or modified so this is unexpected. Can anyone suggest how to go about resolving this please. I want to add my board is heavily modded but everything has been working fine for the past few months so i believe its non related.

i asked my host for a server error log and they sent me:

Thank you for your patience during this time. Here are the error I was able to locate from the logs that pertain to this specific issue:

[Tue Oct 23 15:20:55 2012] [error] [client 72.29.91.44] Premature end of script headers: search.php, referer: httx://www.xxxx.com/forum/login.php?do=login

This usually means there is an encoding error on the file, the file is corrupted, or there is a syntax error in the coding.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Do you have any custom products or plugins?
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• shanef
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.0.x

The board does have mods installed but nothing has changed in months and has been working fine. Im pretty sure its not mod related.

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by shanef
        The board does have mods installed but nothing has changed in months and has been working fine. Im pretty sure its not mod related.
        Try disabling your products and plugins to see if the issue disappears afterwards, though.

To disable the plugin/hook system completely without accessing the Admin CP options, you need to edit includes/config.php and add the following code:

Code:
        [COLOR=#0000BB]define[COLOR=#007700]([/COLOR][COLOR=#DD0000]'DISABLE_HOOKS'[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700], [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]true[/COLOR][COLOR=#007700]);  [/COLOR]
        [/COLOR]
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• shanef
          • Sep 2010
          • 4.0.x

i added that link of code and now my forum wont load, i deleted the line and still get the error

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 2 in /home/pantyobs/public_html/forum/includes/config.php on line 2

Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.6+ format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.

Comment

• Amaury
            • Mar 2012
            • 4.2.X

i added that link of code and now my forum wont load, i deleted the line and still get the error

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 2 in /home/pantyobs/public_html/forum/includes/config.php on line 2

Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.6+ format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.
            I'd submit a ticket, then, if I were you.
            Former vBulletin user

Comment

• shanef
              • Sep 2010
              • 4.0.x

lol thanks for screwing it up more, please dont help me in the future.

I replaced it with a back up so its all good, can some one who knows what their doing help me please.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone else i disabled all the products and plug ins and the error still occurs when using the whats new / new posts and search bar

Comment

• Amaury
                • Mar 2012
                • 4.2.X

lol thanks for screwing it up more, please dont help me in the future.

I replaced it with a back up so its all good, can some one who knows what their doing help me please.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone else i disabled all the products and plug ins and the error still occurs when using the whats new / new posts and search bar
                Adding that code to disable products and plugins shouldn't have messed it up.

You either made a mistake when inserting it or something else is causing problems.
                Former vBulletin user

Comment

• shanef
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 4.0.x

well it did then your response was to submit a ticket, thats a great follow up when you know someone just trashed there forum. either way it dident solve anything.

Comment

• Amaury
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4.2.X

well it did then your response was to submit a ticket, thats a great follow up when you know someone just trashed there forum. either way it dident solve anything.
                    Don't get mad at me.

When the staff here respond to similar things regarding issues that might be caused by products and plugins, they have people do the same thing.
                    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• shanef
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 4.0.x

yes i know the disable all plugins and products line for vbulletin very well, unsless you have a straight up board they wont help you.

Comment

• Jeremy8
                        • Oct 2009

This is weird. The same thing happened on my forum a few days ago... and I didn't change anything. Well kind of I think? I got emailed tons of SQL errors and the Activity Stream and New Posts wouldn't work. And some threads had broken pages.

Comment

• shanef
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Jeremy8
                          This is weird. The same thing happened on my forum a few days ago... and I didn't change anything. Well kind of I think? I got emailed tons of SQL errors and the Activity Stream and New Posts wouldn't work. And some threads had broken pages.
                          jeremy did you get it figured out on your board? it might not be the same issue but im open for ideas

Comment

• Amaury
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 4.2.X

yes i know the disable all plugins and products line for vbulletin very well, unsless you have a straight up board they wont help you.
                            Oh, I disagree. Support here is excellent!
                            Former vBulletin user

Comment

• shanef
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 4.0.x

well im not here to get into a discussion over support, or anything not related to the issue of this thread. im just looking for legitimate help.

Comment