Users can't edit, qoute, send PM's.. I need some help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLiarMask
    • Jun 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Users can't edit, qoute, send PM's.. I need some help!

Hi
    Recently, I backed up my forum after Arabs hacked it. why dam?!
    anyway, since than, members in my forum can't edit, qoute, and sometimes send PM.
    and everytime, when you try to post new message in the "Quick post" you are getting the message that you get when you are trying to leave the page.. "Do you sure you want to leave this page? yes\no".
    after you clicks the "yes" the page reloaded and the message appear.

2 Nov update:
    "VERY IMPORTANT!!!
    I FOUND OUT THAT WHEN I EDIT POST THAT NOT CONTAIN HEBREW CHARS (WHICH MEAN: CONTAIN ENGLISH LETTERS OR NUMBERS OR "." "," AND ETC'), ITS WORKS PERFECT.
    ANY UNICODE BUG??
    "
    Last edited by TheLiarMask; Fri 2 Nov '12, 7:19am.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

A few things to try: re-upload all the vBulletin files except for install/install.php, overwritting the files on your server. Go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Download / Upload Styles and click "Import" at the bottom to re-import the master style. Run the Template Recompiler Tool.

Let me know if you are still having this issue after taking the steps I mentioned. You should also view this article if your site was taken over for a list of steps to clean up the mess.

Comment

• TheLiarMask
      • Jun 2010
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
      A few things to try: re-upload all the vBulletin files except for install/install.php, overwritting the files on your server. Go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Download / Upload Styles and click "Import" at the bottom to re-import the master style. Run the Template Recompiler Tool.

Let me know if you are still having this issue after taking the steps I mentioned. You should also view this article if your site was taken over for a list of steps to clean up the mess.
      Thank you.
      i tried it but it is still not works.. help?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

How did hacking your forum look like? What happened?
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions - are any files showing as Not Found or Not Containing Expect Contents?

Are you using a backup of your database from before you got hacked? If not, what did you do to make sure they had not actually hacked your database in anyway?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TheLiarMask
            • Jun 2010
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Hartmut
            How did hacking your forum look like? What happened?
            the hacked done inside the DATABASE, so i backed up to younder database

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lynne
            Run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions - are any files showing as Not Found or Not Containing Expect Contents?

Are you using a backup of your database from before you got hacked? If not, what did you do to make sure they had not actually hacked your database in anyway?
            yes i do.
            and i just blocked most of the countries IP's.. people from my country will not do bad things

- - - Updated - - -

class_xperience.php
            functions_xperience.php

the others:
            "
            File not recognized as part of vBulletin
            "

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Since you used a database backup, did you try running /install/upgrade.php to see if that would fix the issues?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• TheLiarMask
                • Jun 2010
                • 4.1.x

Since you used a database backup, did you try running /install/upgrade.php to see if that would fix the issues?
                i have just tried, still not works

- - - Updated - - -

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
                I FOUND OUT THAT WHEN I EDIT POST THAT NOT CONTAIN HEBREW CHARS, ITS WORKS PERFECT.
                ANY UNICODE BUG??

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Check Maintnenace > PHP Info.... what version of PHP are you running and what version of PCRE?

Comment

• TheLiarMask
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 4.1.x

Check Maintnenace > PHP Info.... what version of PHP are you running and what version of PCRE?
                    PHP Version 5.3.17

PCRE V: 8.21 2011-12-12

But before i backedup the database, evrey thing worked just great, and i dont think my host changed things

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

There is a bug in PCRE version 8.21 - http://bugs.exim.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1187. You will need to contact your host and have them downgrade to PCRE version 8.20. Or, alternately, if you have server access, you may see this thread about steps to take - http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/need-dow...-a-257991.html I believe this is a cause of the issue since I have seen it before.

Comment

• TheLiarMask
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 4.1.x

There is a bug in PCRE version 8.21 - http://bugs.exim.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1187. You will need to contact your host and have them downgrade to PCRE version 8.20. Or, alternately, if you have server access, you may see this thread about steps to take - http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/need-dow...-a-257991.html I believe this is a cause of the issue since I have seen it before.
                        They said it's not the PCRE's version and i understand them.. because the forum allready worked with this version. any other ideas?

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

So you got hacked and then uploaded a database backup to use - correct? And how old was that database backup? Was it created on the same server?

Have you tried disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
                          define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
                          I would still strongly suggest updating your version of PCRE.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TheLiarMask
                            • Jun 2010
                            • 4.1.x

So you got hacked and then uploaded a database backup to use - correct? And how old was that database backup? Was it created on the same server?

Have you tried disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
                            define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
                            I would still strongly suggest updating your version of PCRE.
                            First, thank you for helping me.
                            I tried to disable the plugins on both ways, but it wasnt the problem.
                            and I asked my host to downgrade to 8.2.0 and they said that they can't..

is there anyway to change the unicode of the database?

Comment

• Lynne
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Oct 2004

If the backup was done on the same server and has the same collation charset as the one you imported it into, then I don't see why you would need to change anything for the database. Was the backup make on this same server/same configuration recently? Did anything change with mysql after you were hacked?

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment