X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XGC Paravain
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Header Size Issues

I uploaded my header and it is to big what is the recommended size or can I fix it in the admin panel

Click image for larger version

Name:	Header.png
Views:	1
Size:	901.6 KB
ID:	3724902
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

If your forum is fixed width then the size of the header image is dependent upon that set size. This image should be resized using a image editor program (Gimp/Ifranview are some free image editors) then re-uploaded and you won't have this issue .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• XGC Paravain
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

Ok cool and where do I find that info im running 4.2.0

- - - Updated - - -

What I mean is where can I find the set size for my header?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

The size in your header belongs to the size of your forum in general. So it depends on how you set the width for this (in case you did).
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• XGC Paravain
          • Sep 2012
          • 4.2.X

No i never set the width for my header i can't even find it to view the size that its set to, can you walk me through where to go to view this info?

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

No, I meant that when you set your forum to a fixed size, you can used a fixed size in your banner.
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• DoDeH1
              • Jan 2008
              • 4.2.X

In the Admin Control Panel go to Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> "YOUR STYLE" -> Style Variable Editor
              There look for doc_maxWidth, doc_minWidth, doc_width
              In one of them you should have the width of your forum.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                • Sep 2008

^ Correct however if the style is not a fixed width and is fluid (stretchable based on browser window size) then you'll want to make the header background match the right side of your banner image (some use a matching gradient image to achieve this smoothly).

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• DoDeH1
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 4.2.X

Take a look into [ this ] article by Fei Leung which explains step by step all you have to do in order to get the result you want. I suggest downloading the Styling Walkthrough - 4.1.2.pdf at the end of the article because it's very useful.

Regards!

Comment

• XGC Paravain
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by DoDeH1
                    Take a look into [ this ] article by Fei Leung which explains step by step all you have to do in order to get the result you want. I suggest downloading the Styling Walkthrough - 4.1.2.pdf at the end of the article because it's very useful.

Regards!
                    This can be useful but I see it was different that banner was smaller where it seems that some thing is added and my banner is to big but I also looked where you directed me to and I found

doc_MaxWidth [auto]
                    doc_minWidth [650]
                    doc_Width [auto]
                    Can you tell me a little about that? what would be my next move?

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

If you want to simply make the forum wide, change that 650 value to something higher.
                      The "auto" values in this case effectively keep the forum centered, without those it would be left justified.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• XGC Paravain
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 4.2.X

Ok and would it be the same if I resized the Banner to 650 Width?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok well I made my forum the same Width as my banner but the website was way to big and then I resized my banner to 650 to match my sites Width and the banner came up to only half the site notice on screen shot. So what should the size of the banner be to make it fit my site?
                        Attached Files

Comment