Banning users via 'delete as spam' option - which logfile does this show up on?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tambo
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Banning users via 'delete as spam' option - which logfile does this show up on?

Hi there,

I'm wanting to run some quick audits on how many spammers are being banned on the site I administer. I want to do this to determine the effectiveness of some new anti-spam measures I've installed (ie: does the frequency of spam banning decrease?).

A historical logfile of 'normal' bans can be found via ACP > Statistics & Logs > Control Panel Log > (option) banning.php

But this does not appear to log bans that are enacted through the inline 'delete as spam' option. This is a problem as almost all spammer bans are done via this method.

The post deletions are accessible by the moderator log, but not the actual bans.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can access this information?
    Thanks,
    TM
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Do you use a modification for this?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• tambo
      • Feb 2012
      • 4.1.x

Nope... just the usual 'delete as spam' inline moderation with two-stage options (ban/submit to anti-spam service, then ban options thereafter).

I don't have any plugins or products that do this AFAIK. This is simply a built-in vB feature.

Others seem to possess it: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...elete-for-Spam

Comment

• John Lester
        • Jul 2000
        • 4.1.x

Sounds like you have spam-o-matic installed because "delete as spam" is not a default feature.
        BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
        sigpic

Comment

• setishock
          • Jun 2005
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by John Lester
          Sounds like you have spam-o-matic installed because "delete as spam" is not a default feature.
          Oh yes it is. One of the best things IMO that came to VB.

Comment

• John Lester
            • Jul 2000
            • 4.1.x

My bad, I've had spam-o installed for so long I thought it was part of spam-o Just looked on my test forum and there it was, but I hardly use inline moderation so that's probably why I didn't know
            BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
            sigpic

Comment

• Castellon
              • Sep 2012

Create a new user group called banned adbots. Make it a type "banned users" and have the delete spam post ban put the members in that group instead of the regular banned user group.
              You can also put bots in that group from the infraction system.

Comment