X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike406
    • Oct 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Blog] Ex-moderator stil receiving Blog report emails

One of my ex-moderators (super moderator) has contacted me saying that he has been getting Blog report emails. He's been stripped of all advanced moderator permissions (both global and forum specific) and is only in the Registered group.

I went ahead and took a look at the blog_moderators table with phpmyadmin. For some reason, his userid is still entered into the table. Is it safe to delete the entry?

What also concerns me is that I notice that all of my old super-mods are still in the tables (moderator and blog_moderator). I can only assume they are receiving blog report emails as well. Does this mean that I will have to manually delete their database entries every time I remove a supermod from the usergroup?

My current understanding of how these 2 tables work, is that they keep track of their set permissions (since there will not be a table entry if you never edited their specific permissions). Shouldn't these delete themselves when the mod is removed from the usergroups?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mike406; Thu 18 Oct '12, 7:53pm.
    vBulletin.org Profile
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

And there is no entry in AdminCP -> vBulletin Blog -> Blog Moderators anymore?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• mike406
      • Oct 2012
      • 4.2.X

Nope, he doesn't appear in Blog Moderators or Super Moderators because he's been removed from the usergroup.
      vBulletin.org Profile

Comment

• setishock
        • Jun 2005
        • 4.2.x

Run your maintenance programs from the ACP to force the system to update it's info.

Comment

• mike406
          • Oct 2012
          • 4.2.X

Which one/s should I run?
          vBulletin.org Profile

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

You could try AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Fix broken user profiles but i dont believe that this will work. If not, then let me know and I will send you the query for this.

Comment

• mike406
              • Oct 2012
              • 4.2.X

I do not think it helped as they still appear in the databases. I find it odd that this only affects Blogs though. There are some old mod userids in the forum moderator table, but they don't seem to be causing anything negative.
              vBulletin.org Profile

Comment

• Hartmut
                • Nov 2007
                • 4.2.x

Still weird... fetch up that user's userid and send the following query, BEFORE this please backup your database:
                PHP Code:
                DELETE FROM `blog_moderatorWHERE USERID userid_from_old_moderator_here

Comment

• mike406
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 4.2.X

Thanks that did remove the entries. Though I have a feeling that this will continue to occur as I switch moderators out. I'll have to remember to check on the databases whenever I remove a moderator I suppose.
                  vBulletin.org Profile

Comment

• Hartmut
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4.2.x

This should be done automatically by vBulletin.

Comment

• mike406
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 4.2.X

vB does automatically remove the database entries for my Blog Mods and standard Forum Mods because I use the 'Remove' link. However I don't see such a link for my Super/Global Mods so I usually just remove them from the usergroup and put them back into Registered (which leaves the database entry as leftover). Is this the incorrect process of removing a Super Mod?
                      vBulletin.org Profile

Comment

• Hartmut
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 4.2.x

Usually yes, that's why I'm a bit confused. Maybe a product causes this error...???

Comment

• mike406
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 4.2.X

Hmm... Well I do have some products installed, none of which I am aware of that would mess with moderator privileges or anything like that. Thanks for your help again, I'll see if I can get this worked out.
                          vBulletin.org Profile

Comment