X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raikiri
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] Database questions

I'm having to restore my database to about a week ago, which will end up wiping a lot of posts.

My database was victim of sql injection, so I'm restoring it to the day before that happened. Is there any way I can somehow save the content on the database that was added after this event and then add it in later?
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

There is no way of restoring the lost data. Restore from your one week old backup is the best you will be able to do.

You really need to have a solution that backups once a day. For example setup seven cron jobs to backup for each day of the week, that way you can go back at least seven days if you need to.

Comment

• Raikiri
      • Sep 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Andy
      There is no way of restoring the lost data. Restore from your one week old backup is the best you will be able to do.

You really need to have a solution that backups once a day. For example setup seven cron jobs to backup for each day of the week, that way you can go back at least seven days if you need to.
      Thanks.

I do have daily backups, I just haven't had the time to restore any earlier than this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...