X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Expert1
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Hide thread views count

Hello, I am using vbulletin 4.2.0 licensed version. I want to hide thread view counts from specific user groups. I don't know how to do it please help me.
    Attached Files
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Expert1
    Hello, I am using vbulletin 4.2.0 licensed version. I want to hide thread view counts from specific user groups. I don't know how to do it please help me.
    You need to modify that template and insert a if-condition for the specific usergroup.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Expert1
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.0.x

Oh sure! so can you explain me procedure how to do the same, please. Like which template I have to modify and what if-condition to be insert. Please brother elaborate in detail, it will be very helpful me,

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Honestly, in my opinion, I see no point in it.
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Expert1
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Amaury25
          Honestly, in my opinion, I see no point in it.
          I am in big problem with this view count enable. Because my competitors keep eye on each threads, they are doing spoon feeding, threads of my forum which are getting more views that can be easily tracked and become very easy to pick those threads and put into competitors forum. I am in very tension and loss of revenue generation. Please help me. please please.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Edit the threadbit template, find:
            Code:
            <li>{vb:rawphrase views}: {vb:raw thread.views}</li>
            Replace with:
            Code:
            <li><vb:if condition="!is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 1, 8, 9, 10)">{vb:rawphrase views}: {vb:raw thread.views}<vb:else />&nbsp;</vb:if></li>
            Change 1, 8, 9, 10 to a comma-seperated list of the usergroupids you want to hide views from.

Comment

• Expert1
              • Aug 2010
              • 4.0.x

Thanks a lot Matthew!!! I am very thankful to you......

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...