• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creative-friends
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] CPU Usage

Hello Everyone.....

I have received this Email from my hosting saying too much CPU usage....i have tried doing a lot of things but nothing seems to be working....i will quote that Email below...please have a look a help me with it....Please.

This message is to advise you of a temporary block placed on your account. This account was found to be consuming an inordinate amount of processor time, to the point of degrading overall system performance. While we do limit each account to no more than 25% of a system's CPU in our terms of service, we do not actively disable accounts until they greatly exceed that number, which is what happened in this case.

Requests to this scripts under this account may become degraded by limiting the abilty for scripts to run for a limited amount of time, or if the issue persists, we may be forced to restrict how fast processes can be spawned until the issue has been resolved.

We recommend taking steps to reduce the overall CPU usage for the account, which may be as simple as generating a flat HTML page for popular content, or enabling caching that is available through many popular scripts, or disabling high CPU usage features such as searches or Ajax refreshes. Although we may not be able to help in all cases, we would be more than happy to assist if you are unable to determine any cause, or if you need help interpreting any of the information.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

First of all you need to find out about what has caused that much CPU by checking your system logs. There can be a lot of reasons for this, so having a look at the logs is inevitable.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• creative-friends
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

How do i check that??

My hosting Emailed me all this....

can u please tell me where do i have go and check that.

Comment

• slinky
        • Mar 2001
        • 1.1.x

Without being able to login to the back end of your site, it would help if you listed your site. The problem could be anything - you might have dozens of plugins running, etc. Someone experienced here could take a look and might see what is causing slowdowns. Have they lifted the block? If not, ask them to lift the block and that you have people looking at the site. If you have lots of spambots, videos being served, etc. can be many things.
        My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Also, are you on a shared/VPS/Dedicated server? How much traffic do you normally have? Who is your current webhost?
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• creative-friends
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by slinky
            Without being able to login to the back end of your site, it would help if you listed your site. The problem could be anything - you might have dozens of plugins running, etc. Someone experienced here could take a look and might see what is causing slowdowns. Have they lifted the block? If not, ask them to lift the block and that you have people looking at the site. If you have lots of spambots, videos being served, etc. can be many things.
            yeah they have lifted the block.....

and yeah i did uninstalled some of the plugins i dont use....plus i increased the time between posts and search before it was 5 seconds now 30 seconds....and i also disabled visitors in last 24 hours....because i get about 600 to 700 users and 3000+ guests....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Also, are you on a shared/VPS/Dedicated server? How much traffic do you normally have? Who is your current webhost?
            Thats a good question am with hostgator and on shared host.....i get about 600 to 700 users per day......and 3000+ plus guests...and their VPS are well expensive......

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Do you happen to run any kind of chatroom script? They are notorious for consuming server resources.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• creative-friends
                • Feb 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ace
                Do you happen to run any kind of chatroom script? They are notorious for consuming server resources.
                No not really.....i dont have any chatrooms on my forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...