Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Please post a print screen of a post so we can see what you mean. It's not clear what the problem is at the moment.

Comment

• Allthumbz
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Andy
      Please post a print screen of a post so we can see what you mean. It's not clear what the problem is at the moment.
      Well, the restore user mod does nothing with that deleted user's posts.

The mod that is supposed to restore not only the user but his/her posts flat out does not work.
      Nelson
      www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
        • Feb 2005

I believe posts are linked with a userid, even if you delete the user the post will still have his id.

if you restore the user correctly with the same userid and he's not showing up in posts then you need to try some rebuilds:

Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Update User Titles and Ranks
        Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Rebuild Thread Information
        Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
        vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• Hartmut
          • Nov 2007
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Abdulla Ashoor
          I believe posts are linked with a userid, even if you delete the user the post will still have his id.
          That's correct, therefor a manual insert will be no problem.
          No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Allthumbz
            • Oct 2011

if you restore the user correctly with the same userid and he's not showing up in posts then you need to try some rebuilds:

Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Update User Titles and Ranks
            Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Rebuild Thread Information
            After using the restore user modification referenced in this thread and then doing the maintenance functions above, it still does not show up in posts.
            I think at this point, I should give up. I don't have the knowledge to do this, and there is no current mod that works with VB 4.2PL2.
            Nelson
            www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
              • Feb 2005

I checked this with the database, when you delete a user all his posts userids converted to 0 but it is not the case with threads. User threads will still hold the ids.

If you have any experience with queries you can execute this to have his post back:

Code:
              UPDATE post SET userid = 'X' WHERE username = 'Y';
              change X to the user id you retrieve
              change Y to the user name

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

I checked this with the database, when you delete a user all his posts userids converted to 0 but it is not the case with threads. User threads will still hold the ids.

If you have any experience with queries you can execute this to have his post back:

Code:
                UPDATE post SET userid = 'X' WHERE username = 'Y';
                change X to the user id you retrieve
                change Y to the user name
                If posts lose their id, how does that query help?
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ace
                  If posts lose their id, how does that query help?
                  the query assign ids where a specific user name exist. For example if all of your posts userid = 0 I can retrive the id like this:

UPDATE post SET userid = '46668' WHERE username = 'Ace';

Here if I delete Ace first, I should retrieve his user row and id 46668 also before running this query.

Comment

• Allthumbz
                    • Oct 2011

So if I understand, I have to restore the user first using the restore- user mod then run this query somewhere in the database using PhPadmin. I'm not sure where I would run this. If I make a copy of the database using PHP Admin, can one of you guys who know what you are doing walk me through this.

thanks again.
                    Nelson
                    www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• Allthumbz
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Allthumbz
                      So if I understand, I have to restore the user first using the restore- user mod then run this query somewhere in the database using PhPadmin. I'm not sure where I would run this. If I make a copy of the database using PHP Admin, can one of you guys who know what you are doing walk me through this.

thanks again.
                      Anyone?
                      Nelson
                      www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Allthumbz

thanks again.
                        yes, use phpmyadmin to execute the query. don't forget to change the username and userid and take a BACKUP for disaster recovery

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...