Password Protected Forum (that requires Mods to log in)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rappy
    • Feb 2005

[Forum] Password Protected Forum (that requires Mods to log in)

Hey,

I have a question concerning a password protected forum. I want a forum to be password protected but also for Moderators (and even Administrators) Is that even possible? I have my reasons for wanting this
    (yeah I know admin could just change the password and get in anyway but that doesn't matter)

help! thanks
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

On your server you can password protect the whole vB folder.
    In this case even you as the admin cannot login without the password.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Rappy
      • Feb 2005

I don't want to come off as a total newb but how would I do that *blush*

I mean...I know how to password protect a folder with cPanel..but I don't need to password protect the entire forum but just a single forum
      Last edited by Rappy; Fri 5 Oct '12, 12:05pm.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Why do you want to password protect a forum?
        Forums have permissions, we'd advise using permissions to keep people out.
        You can password protect a forum in vB4, however the password is not required for admins or super mods, or moderators that moderate that forum.
        Ontop of this there is only one password that is shared.

Comment

• Rappy
          • Feb 2005

It's bit of a long story but the short version basically is that I own a forum with a very close friend of mine for almost 8 years now. We used one section to even discuss more private stuff. (admin section) We're gonna add two new admins to the team but we don't want to delete our own private section. We want to password protect it (the two new admins will be fine with not being able to enter that forum)

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

If their admins, and can access the forum manager, they can see and or remove the password.

Comment

• Rappy
              • Feb 2005

I know that, but if we tell them they can't access that forum because of private stuff they will respect that and don't change/remove the password.

Comment

• Hartmut
                • Nov 2007
                • 4.2.x

Admins and Mods don't need to enter the password for password protected forums, it wouldn't make sense.
                No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...